Got my plowing done.

/ Got my plowing done. #1  

jeff77indy

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 4110 Mahindra w/ M112 loader and Kubota B2910 w/ loader.
Well I finally got what I wanted to plowed this fall, only about 2 acres, I plan on building a drag out of a couple of crossties and run that acrossed the field and let it lay until next spring then finish the tillage and plant my hay.
The 4110 done a really nice job on my 2x14" IH plows. May have done better with ag tires but we got the job done with the R-4's. I have a couple of projects for this winter in rebuilding an 82T Allis Chalmers sickle bar mower and finding a small grain drill.
Jeff

/ Got my plowing done. #3  
jeff77indy said:
Well I finally got what I wanted to plowed this fall, only about 2 acres, I plan on building a drag out of a couple of crossties and run that acrossed the field and let it lay until next spring then finish the tillage and plant my hay.
The 4110 done a really nice job on my 2x14" IH plows. May have done better with ag tires but we got the job done with the R-4's. I have a couple of projects for this winter in rebuilding an 82T Allis Chalmers sickle bar mower and finding a small grain drill.
Jeff
Jeff,
Sounds like you are enjoying your Mahindra.:D I wish I had the space to plow.:( I will always remember running behind the neighbor's Farmall when he was turning sod.:)
hugs, Brandi

/ Got my plowing done.
bindian said:
Jeff,
Sounds like you are enjoying your Mahindra.:D I wish I had the space to plow.:( I will always remember running behind the neighbor's Farmall when he was turning sod.:)
hugs, Brandi

So far the 4110 has done what I've asked of it.
I only have 15 acres now. I'm going to seed this two acre hayfield to orchard grass, timothy and a small amount of clover in the spring for horse hay, then may do another 3 acres later according to how many bales I can sell.
We have three horses and they run on more pasture than they need so the next three acres will come out of their pasture.
Jeff