Mahindra trucks in the US

/ Mahindra trucks in the US #1  

danbike

Silver Member
Anyone actually have some information on this truck. The photos out on the web look interesting and the story sounds good. I'd like to know if there are any offices in the US yet?

/ Mahindra trucks in the US #3  
I'm actually doing marketing work for Global Vehicles USA, Inc., the authorized U.S. distributor for Mahindra. As of now, plans are to begin selling in the second quarter of '09. Global Vehicles is headquartered in Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta area) and should have about 300 dealers nationwide by the time of launch.

These look like great trucks -- I've seen the model that's on sale in India right now, and they're going to be significantly upgraded for the US market. They'll have the latest common-rail diesel engines, using the same Bosch technology that Mercedes and BMW use.

They'll have the largest cargo bed and the most payload capacity (about 2500 lbs) of any truck in their class. With the diesel, they should get 20-40% better fuel mileage than comparable gas-powered trucks.

Global Vehicles is starting to ramp up its marketing efforts, and you should be hearing and seeing more about Mahindra trucks in 2008.

/ Mahindra trucks in the US #4  
reinan said:
...They'll have the latest common-rail diesel engines, using the same Bosch technology that Mercedes and BMW use.

They'll have the largest cargo bed and the most payload capacity (about 2500 lbs) of any truck in their class. With the diesel, they should get 20-40% better fuel mileage than comparable gas-powered trucks....

That's all well and good, but how about things that are truly important to us Americans like how many cup holders does it have? LOL

Actually, I'm quite intrigued and would kind of like to try one on for size. Guess I'll just have to wait.

/ Mahindra trucks in the US #5  
dbear said:
That's all well and good, but how about things that are truly important to us Americans like how many cup holders does it have? LOL

Actually, I'm quite intrigued and would kind of like to try one on for size. Guess I'll just have to wait.

I would like to see a tough, bare bones machine to hold down costs and weight that is good in mud, snow and off road.

/ Mahindra trucks in the US #7  
dbear said:

From the PickupTruck.com interview with John Perez (http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/stories/mahindra/jperez.html):

"PUTC: One important question we've heard from our readers - how many cupholders is the truck going to have?

JP: (Laughing) It's going to have a lot! I'm laughing about this because our service people we're just in India and they took cups from Starbucks, McDonalds, (and other places). Every cup you could imagine was taken to India to make sure they could hold the 'Big Gulp' cups and stuff that we use here in the states. I don't know what the final number will be but it will have enough cupholders. This is a great question because JD Power just did a study of our trucks and SUVs and one of the items they looked at was cupholders. It's a big thing with Americans - having the right cupholders, and I can see that. "

/ Mahindra trucks in the US #8  
viking65 said:
I would like to see a tough, bare bones machine to hold down costs and weight that is good in mud, snow and off road.

Same here. NO carpeting, OnStar, DVD entertainment system, power windows, power locks, automatic ***-scratchers or any other such nonsense that I don't want or need.