Hard by the Elk Fork of the Salt River, Missouri
    Tractor
    2009 Mahindra 4110

Default Have implements, need tractor

I have 80 acres about half open. I use a Jubilee but it has horsepower limitations. The tractor will be used primarily to mow 8 acres, 3 of it weekly; and tilling gardens and food plots. I have a Yanmar 58" gear driven tiller. I will also brush hog some (have a 5 ft. Howes) and a 9" / 12" post hole digger that is PTO not hydraulic as well as a box blade.
    Love the Mahindras, looking at a 4110 but can I get by a little smaller?

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Default Re: Have implements, need tractor

I use a 5' 3 pt. rotary mower on my 2615HST (26HP) without any problems. I don't see any reason why a 28-35HP tractor wouldn't work for you. Mahindra has several models in these HP ranges.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

George is right, a 2615, 2815, 3215, or a 3510 would handle your equipment. Let us know what you end up with.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstir
    I have 80 acres about half open. I use a Jubilee but it has horsepower limitations. The tractor will be used primarily to mow 8 acres, 3 of it weekly; and tilling gardens and food plots. I have a Yanmar 58" gear driven tiller. I will also brush hog some (have a 5 ft. Howes) and a 9" / 12" post hole digger that is PTO not hydraulic as well as a box blade.
    Love the Mahindras, looking at a 4110 but can I get by a little smaller?
    Rickstir, just my opinion, but I would keep looking at the 4110, it is a great tractor and the minimum size I would use for your circumstances. Yes you could get by with a 3215, but why just get by with the bare minimum?
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Mahindra 2815 HST

I have a 2815HST and I mow 4 acres in the summer and its smaller size allows me to get into my outside building which ruled out a larger tractor. One question is how large are the gardens and food plots that you till? Do you have to transport the tractor and how do you get into the areas?
    Sergei
    Mahindra 2815 HST FEL, KK 5' Rotary Mower ,5' Box Blade, Ferguson 2 Moldboard Plow.
    Vinton, Ia

Tractor
    2007 Mahindra 4530----1972 Massey Ferguson 1100

Have you considered the 4530. Same size as the 4110, a little heavier and 8 gears vs. 12. Price is a bit better too.