Uses for front end loader?

/ Uses for front end loader? #11  
blueriver said:
The uses for the FEL are countless ... Once you have one you will wonder how you ever made it without one!

Lets see,
There are so many things that I use mine for from loading feed in it, moving debris, hauling the garbage, lifting rocks, carry fence supplies, spear and move round bales, load the manure spreader, move heavy objects around the farm, load and unload equipment to and from trailers, level piles of dirt, and on and on and on!

And you can bet you will get more ideas here!!
I feel the same way. My Mahindra 2015 is my first "real" tractor and the first FEL I have ever owned and I now I wonder what I did before? So far I have used the loader mainly for snow removal, and also hauling firewood and I used it to move some heavy outdoor furniture out of the elements. Without the loader I would have left everything outside, now I can move it all easily. And stacking firewood got a lot lot easier. I pick up a bucket load of logs and keep the loader at the optimum working height and I can stack wood without bending over. Doing it this way I can organize and stack 2 cords of wood in half the time I used to it before.

/ Uses for front end loader? #12  
Get the Fel! I am attaching a pic of my front yard to show uses I didn't think of when I bought it. The first thing that probably sticks out is the movie screen. I dug 4ft into the ground to set the logs with the fel. I strapped the logs to the fel and lifted them up and tilted them right into the tubes in the ground. I took my ladder and leaned it against the fell fully raised to attach the screen and build the rest of the frame. My tent came in a really heavy box that was loaded into my blazer by a few guys when I bought it. I slid it right out of the blazer into the bucket. Same for the pool box. I leveled the ground and set sand for it also. Everything in and around the firepit was set with the fel. I have since transplanted a tree into the front yard using the fel. So I didn't have to use the softened well water, I took 2 full buckets of water from the pond (that I dug with the fel) and soaked the tree. I have a portable garage that took about 3 hours to assemble. I had to move it so I drove into it and lifted the fel tied to the bottom of the frame and drove it in one piece across the yard. You won't regret it.

Attachments

• yard.jpg
    yard.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 372
   / Uses for front end loader? #13  
warcat said:
I've been reading up a bit and have found tons of good information on the site, however this is my first post. I'm in the market for a new Mahindra. I've narrowed the search to either the 3325 or the 3525- the main difference between the two being the power steering and the front end loader of the 3525.
My intended uses for the tractor would be:
mowing/bush hogging 2 acres or land around the house & 2 miles of ranch roads
plowing 40 acres every other year
planting 5 acres for deer food plots.

I'll probably be looking at putting less than 20 hours per year on the tractor. My question is, what are the main uses you use your FEL for? Growing up, my dad never had a FEL, and I can't really see what I might need it for. About the only thing I can come up with is filling in hog holes. I do have quite a bit of hogs on my land, and they've done a number on the fields. Would a FEL be the most effective tool for filling in their damage? Wouldn't a grading blade serve the same purpose?

Warcat,
Everyone I know with a tractor with no FEL, wanted one after they saw mine working. Seriously, would you buy a wheelbarrow with no shovel?:confused: Buy the FEL and you won't regret it.:) One use is lifting tools over the neighbors fence. They are handy at hauling tools and equipment around. They make a quick mobile scaffold. They can dig. The difference in having a FEL vs. just a box blade or grader blade is night and day. You can use them to assist cutting down trees or push trees off of fences and buildings. When I got my Mahindra 6520 4Wd with backhoe:cool: , I sold my 6 foot box blade and 7 foot grader blade.
hugs, Brandi

/ Uses for front end loader? #14  
warcat said:
I've been reading up a bit and have found tons of good information on the site, however this is my first post. I'm in the market for a new Mahindra. I've narrowed the search to either the 3325 or the 3525- the main difference between the two being the power steering and the front end loader of the 3525.
My intended uses for the tractor would be:
mowing/bush hogging 2 acres or land around the house & 2 miles of ranch roads
plowing 40 acres every other year
planting 5 acres for deer food plots.

I'll probably be looking at putting less than 20 hours per year on the tractor. My question is, what are the main uses you use your FEL for? Growing up, my dad never had a FEL, and I can't really see what I might need it for. About the only thing I can come up with is filling in hog holes. I do have quite a bit of hogs on my land, and they've done a number on the fields. Would a FEL be the most effective tool for filling in their damage? Wouldn't a grading blade serve the same purpose?

dude.............................get the front end loader, with power steering, it aint that much more money, but its like having three machines, you wont regret anything except maybe not getting 4wd, but you will only need that every once in awhile so it expendable, but fel is not.

/ Uses for front end loader? #15  
At the very least get the tractor with power steering so you can add a FEL in the future when you get tired of doing things the hard way. ;)

/ Uses for front end loader? #16  
Get the FEL, use it to lift the lawn mower to sharpen the baldes, use it to lift a washing machine into a pickup and move it to/from the house, use it to haul water to the garden, something heavy to pick up? The FEL has so very many useful things it can do.

/ Uses for front end loader? #17  
I believe you got the idea on the loader situation. As for the exaust routing, it is routed about the same as the Ford 8N 9N tractors were. I believe it beats the straight up tree catcher exaust. There is always a plus or minus to your exaust location, depending on the job you are doing. Personally I don't think the 3525 exaust location is bad at all.

/ Uses for front end loader? #18  
Warcat, look at it this way, anything you do on your place that requires you to use your back lifting can be done with an fel. Now, let your imagination figure that one out. While you are at it don't forget to include all those things you did that ended up with your wife rubbing linament on your sore aching body parts.
Get the fel, you will never regret it.

/ Uses for front end loader?
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
I believe you got the idea on the loader situation. As for the exaust routing, it is routed about the same as the Ford 8N 9N tractors were. I believe it beats the straight up tree catcher exaust. There is always a plus or minus to your exaust location, depending on the job you are doing. Personally I don't think the 3525 exaust location is bad at all.
OK, due to everyone's posts, I'm pretty much sold on the FEL. But, I'd still like to see a picture of the exhaust setup on the 3525. Or, can someone describe where it exits in relation to the seated position?

Also, back to the FEL, is it easily removable? Does it affect you line of sight while doing something like plowing/planting?

/ Uses for front end loader? #20  
On my tractor, i purposely made my exhaust horizontal, I ran it back under the FEL framework and turned it down right past the operators platform. Keeps it away from the tree limbs. I would guess it would be the same on your tractor.