Made in China

/ Made in China #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Who's seen the tractors from Mahindra China?
Saw some small ones on my dealers lot this week. I believe they were the ES series. I hope this is not where Mahindra is headed. They were crude to say the least.
Anyone know what Mahindra has planned with these?

/ Made in China #2  
jwcinpk said:
Who's seen the tractors from Mahindra China?
Saw some small ones on my dealers lot this week. I believe they were the ES series. I hope this is not where Mahindra is headed. They were crude to say the least.
Anyone know what Mahindra has planned with these?
Joel,
You mean this one........http://www.billstractor.com/mahes25std.htm and this one...........Compact tractors - small hobby farm tractor supply
I just googled these up. I haven't heard anything about them.
hugs, Brandi

/ Made in China #3  
Go on the Tractordata.com website, and do a search on "Lenar" tractors. It gives a little history on the relationship between Mahindra and Lenar. (I only looked it up because of your post!) China-made Mahindras... ... a scary thought.

/ Made in China
bindian said:
Joel,
You mean this one........http://www.billstractor.com/mahes25std.htm and this one...........Compact tractors - small hobby farm tractor supply
I just googled these up. I haven't heard anything about them.
hugs, Brandi

That looks like them. I was thinking ES 25, but was'nt sure. The fit and finish on the 2 my local dealer had was less than what I expect from Mahindra. It's possible that it was only these 2. I like the curved loader arms and everything seemed to be layed out well. The tractors just looked as though the folks doing the cosmetic work didn't give a hoot. Very well could be great tractors. I'm afraid they will have a hard time selling them.
Anyone know a ballpark price?

/ Made in China #5  
The fit and finish is not going to equal a more expensive tractor, but they appear to be way ahead of most of what we see out of China. Synchro-shuttle, combined hydraulic (one sump), KMW built loader, R4 tires, etc. I've been to the plant in China and have driven the tractor. It seems like a good machine. Plus it will be backed by a 2 year warranty, have low rate financing, etc. As far a price, that is set by the dealer of course, but I'd expect it to be higher than a Jinma and less than a 2615 Mahindra...somewhere in the middle would be a good guess.

/ Made in China #6  
driver444 said:
Go on the Tractordata.com website, and do a search on "Lenar" tractors. It gives a little history on the relationship between Mahindra and Lenar. (I only looked it up because of your post!) China-made Mahindras... ... a scary thought.

Well looks like the market is going some what that way... Look at DEERE that's where they are getting some of their loader from now!

/ Made in China #7  
There is a market out there for the Chinese tractors (Check out Chinese tractors here on TBN) here in the US and Mahindra is just entering that segment of the market. I believe that after the 2 years of testing and updating Mahindra has done with this tractor, that Mahindra has probably surpassed and will be setting a new standard for Chinese tractors, in the US tractor market.

/ Made in China #8  
I have a friend who was an Ambassador to China from Denmark. He still lives in Hong Kong.

He recently told me there is one thing you can always expect from China and that is poor quality control.

Maybe Mahindra can produce a good tractor from China but I seriously doubt it.

If I was Mahindra I wouldn't import anything from China to the US. They are still trying to overcome the "Its made in India" syndrome. What do you think will happen to the Mahindra name if they get a few poorly made tractor on the market. I may not know much but I do know bad news travels much faster than good news. What that means is this if Mahindra makes the best tractor in the world few will praise it. But let them make a few bad one and everyone will talk about it.

If I were a dealer I would fight tooth and nail to stop imports from China. I think the Mahindra dealers have too much at stake. Well, when you think about it, so do I. If my dealer has to go out of business because of a few bad, poorly made tractor, where will I get parts?

Just my 2 cents.

Don

/ Made in China #9  
Hi All,

Price between a Jinma and a 2615 is a pretty big spread even when you figure it will be in the middle which brings to mind my own personal issue with the MSRP not being listed anymore on the Mahindra site. At least then you could get a ballpark on the price.

Regardless, yes, everyone is jumping into the Chinese manufactured tractors.
Deere included who bought out Benye so that they could produce tractors over there.

This 1 is quite similar to the 1's shown here POWER UP WITH AGTRAC TRACTORS
and he lists the 30 hp, shuttle, synco for $8200 without a loader.

So, wonder what the Mahindra will actually sell for.

Personally I think the 2015 is a great product.

Later and have a good one.

TJ

/ Made in China #10  
The one you see on Bills tractor is the one we saw in Korea getting fitted with Korean loaders. By the way, the loader factory we were at had TYM, Kioti, Mahindra loaders & hoes ready to ship. Funny, and I have a picture is the new 40 series Kubota's were at that factory as well so looks like they will be manufacturing loaders for Kubota in Korea.

Lastly, I got the pictures of that Chinese Mahindra at the factory as well and I hope Mahindra (I like Mahindra) sure does do major improvements over those as they were crude and were definitly Chinese quality or lack thereof.

Personally, I feel that If Mahindra were actually manufacturing tractors in China with Mahindra quality controls it could be good. If it is just a re-badged Chinese tractor with the poor quality workmanship I saw then Mahindra could be in trouble.

Just my thoughts and observations.

Maka