Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member

Default Re: Foam filled tires

I had thick tire liners installed. That really helped.

Tractor
    1984 Ford 1710

Old thread but it is on topic and I didn't need to start a new one.

Who does foam tire filling?
    Is that something the nearest tractor dealer (service department) can take care of?
    I have been searching on Google but have not found such a place.

Thanks.

Kent B.
    1984 Ford 1710 2wd
    no FEL
    ROPS (installed with seat belt)

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

Kent, talk to the Bobcat dealer on E. Lincoln Hwy, CSR Bobcat Inc.. They don't do it but will know who does In Tally. Paul the owner is an old friend. By the way, take a big wallet when you go to get it done.

MarkV

Tractor
    Mahindra 4025

I found a place in Midlothian, Texas to fill my front tires with foam. $110 per tire. Elete Tire is their name.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

A fork lift tire place here used to do it

Tractor
    Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn

be careful using foam in CUT tires i have had good luck with it on my yanmar and was going to do it on my new bobcat until i read in owners manual not to use foam or it would void warranty??? i can not for the life of me figure out why but thats what it says. maybe something to do with extra weight/ to much traction i dont know dosent make any sence to me. would love to find out why.

Tractor
    Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn

finally found out why it was not recommended. Creates a rougher ride and doesn't allow the tires to absorb the impact the tractor takes. Not sure if they actually had problems with the tractors or just on the skid steer's butt The bobcat dealer told me that's why it's not recommended. I'll bet it was rough as heck on bobcats with foam filled tires probably a real kidney buster. Sure did like it on the front of my old utility tractor though didn't notice a huge difference in rougher ride but it was somewhat rougher. I think it was definitely worth the trade-off though. More weight never had a flat and tires held up well to the extra load for the loader.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Etch View Post
    I feel your pain. I live in south Texas and we have Mesquite and some other types of thorny brush. I had the front tires filled with tire sealant and that helped for awhile until I guess I ran out of the fluid from all the punctures. I've only had to fix my front tire once and it had about 4 holes in it, but I know more flats are coming. I can't avoid all the thorny bushes!! The back tires are not filled but have not been punctured by thorns, just pieces of metal. I've had to fix the back tires twice.

I'm seriously considering filling the fronts with foam. The neighbor filled his and his only complaint is the rough ride.
    This is old post, but still interesting. In this case, one might try, throw back to 1900s and change tires to steel wheels, like in early farm tractors.

I remember my Dad had story he told about old days. He drove delivery truck in 30s. "Boy, you have it easy today. We delivered groceries in
    trucks with solid tires. The roads were mostly mud and could hardly get through in cold wet weather." The icing on the cake to his story,
    "we had no heat in trucks and had curtains for side windows." If I remember right, he used to say he carried a 50 lb sack of flour on each shoulder
    delivering to the family grocery stores. He never said anything about 2 wheel dollies. I don't think he was a union driver. Some say "I long for
    the good ole days". I'm not so sure they were so easy, though.

Cheers.....Coffeeman

Tractor
    2014 Mahindra 3016HST

Some Mahindra tractors come with steel "shipping wheels/tires". They do look sorta like the old steelies on the old tractors. I saw pictures of the the Mahindra wheels once somewhere. My dealer said he tried to get some just for hoots but they wouldn't let him have them.

US Army 1967 - 1971
    Freedom used to be your birth right. Now it's whatever they let you do... and usually for a fee.

Compromise is failure on the installment plan.

Show me any gun law, past, present or future, that would have prevented any of the mass shootings in this country.

Tractor
    Ford 640

I have seen steel wheels on newer machines in Amish country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12