Tires Foam filled tires

/ Foam filled tires #1  

AnotherGrassFarmer

I recently bought a 3525. The first day out I punctured a front tire in four places with Honey Locust thorns. I have 6-8 acres of Honey Locust and Osage Orange. Since clearing this land is a requirement, and I don't want ot keep patching tires, I'm considering having the front tires foam filled.

Anyone done this and what were your impressions afterwards?

/ Foam filled tires #2  
Foam is good but somewhat costly....If you have that much to clear, see what a local excavator with about a D6 CAT would charge for about 2 days to clear it up for you. Just a thought...BobG in VA

/ Foam filled tires #3  
AGF,

Great to see another 3525 owner!! ;):p

Bob's suggestion on the dozer is spot on... I wouldn't tear up my tires with those thorns... the fronts are cheap compared to the rears! Also, unless you're cutting the trees down and dragging them away, bulldozing trees with your tractor is just tough on your equipment, especially if they have any size to them... a real dozer is much better suited for the job.

Where are you located?

/ Foam filled tires
I'm in Texas, about an hour north east of Dallas.

The tree clearing is an ongoing project. I'm cutting down the trees and saving the wood for fence posts. I'm not pushing them over with the tractor. Just being in the area is where I'm picking up the thorns. Clear the underbrush, cut down the trees, and then keep the area clear. I hope to reclaim about a third of the property that's now overgrown.

/ Foam filled tires #5  
AnotherGrassFarmer said:
I recently bought a 3525. The first day out I punctured a front tire in four places with Honey Locust thorns. I have 6-8 acres of Honey Locust and Osage Orange. Since clearing this land is a requirement, and I don't want ot keep patching tires, I'm considering having the front tires foam filled.

Anyone done this and what were your impressions afterwards?

It works great, it is expensive and the tires will be real heavy. Sounds like the way to go for you.

/ Foam filled tires #6  
I feel your pain. I live in south Texas and we have Mesquite and some other types of thorny brush. I had the front tires filled with tire sealant and that helped for awhile until I guess I ran out of the fluid from all the punctures. I've only had to fix my front tire once and it had about 4 holes in it, but I know more flats are coming. I can't avoid all the thorny bushes!! The back tires are not filled but have not been punctured by thorns, just pieces of metal. I've had to fix the back tires twice.

I'm seriously considering filling the fronts with foam. The neighbor filled his and his only complaint is the rough ride.

/ Foam filled tires
I just got the front tires back today. $156 for the pair. Very heavy. :)

/ Foam filled tires #8  
I'm much like you - purchased a new tractor and within a week had flat front tires (locust and osage). Had them patched at a local tire shop and they were flat again within another week!

I went back and had them filled with foam. Cost about $100 each for the front tires. I have Ag tires and so far have not punctured one of the rear tires. It would be MUCH more expensive to fill the rear tires with foam.

Filling the front tires was one of the best decisions I made.

BTW - if I get a real novice person at the farm, I sometimes ask them to check the air pressure on the front tires. That brings about some smiles after we get past the joke I just pulled on them.

/ Foam filled tires #9  
I had my front foam filled after thorns in pa country, best money ever spent gave me the weight ,plus the tires do not flex as much with a heavy load in the bucket.

Macdabs

/ Foam filled tires #10  
I live in the same area as you do and also want to get my front tires filled with foam and was wondering where you had yours done. I have been told about a place in Dallas called Best Quick tires but I cant find their contact information anywhere. Can you send me some information about where you had yours done!