Hydaulics Sluggish on 3510

/ Hydaulics Sluggish on 3510 #1  

Irish Rick

Hello, All. This is my first post on TBN; I've been able to find answers to other problems before, but since I couldn't find this one address I thought I'd put it out there for your consideration.

The hydraulic system is real sluggish raising implements on the 3-point hitch. The front loader works fine. A couple of years ago I had the same problem and sent the tractor to the dealership. They identified a clogged screen, but I didn't have the foresight to ask which screen it was. Since the tractor is acting the same way I thought I'd ask you guys (and gals) if you could describe where these screens might be and how I get to them. BTW, I've changed my fluids and filters approximately 10 operating hours ago.

/ Hydaulics Sluggish on 3510 #2  
Gear or hydro?
I have a 2810HST and the only screen I'm aware of is on the hydro return line as it enters the side of the transmission. There are a couple of bolts to remove and it slides out. If it is the same problem as you have previously experienced, I'd be curious why your screen is getting clogged.

/ Hydaulics Sluggish on 3510 #3  
Rick,
The only screen I can think of is the one, I believe shvl73 is talking about. It is located a few inches behind the point where the 4WD shifter goes into the left side of the transmission. It looks kind of egg shaped with one bolt holding it. Drain the hydraulic/transmission oil, remove the bolt and then pry out the egg shaped cover and the strainer will be attached to it. This strainer is good sized and if it is plugged I would start looking for what is plugging it. I have never found one that didn't look perfectly clean, but I would check it as it is the first place to start. Good luck, and let us know what you find.

/ Hydaulics Sluggish on 3510
Here's something else to throw into the mix. Yesterday I was using the tractor to move some compost from one place to the other. I pulled the lever to raise the grader box on the rear of the tractor and it began it's veerry slooww lift. While waiting for it to lift I used the stick to raise the front loader. The rear hydraulics the lifted up quickly. I tried various combinations of lifting or tilting the front loader while engaging the rear lift, and the rear lift worked quickly while the front loader was being lifted or tilted. Does this bit of information lead to any diagnostic conclusions?

/ Hydaulics Sluggish on 3510 #5  
Sounds like something in the loader valve restricting the flow. The loader valve is the first component in the system to get hydraulic flow, and then the power beyond portion of the loader valve feeds the 3PH. Good luck with it.