Mahindra Owners? Anyone???

/ Mahindra Owners? Anyone???
Yea! Someone to talk "Mahindra talk" to!

/ Mahindra Owners? Anyone??? #12  
At last someone to talk Mahindra to. I am interested in purchasing a 4wd tractor and Mahindra has me captivated. No dealers in area, yet the dealers handling other lines don't seem to offer much in terms of service anyways. Any feedback from owners/dealers (good and bad) would be greatly appreciated.

Lil Mac -

I've posted my reply to your questions in the "Kioti" forum here since I thought it would be a better place. Here's your message reposted for those who want to "catch up"...
----
Mahindra:

Are they a good value? How's the warranty? Do they stack-up well against Kabota? Would you recommend Mahindra to your brother/father? Would you buy another Mahindra as your next Tractor? Do they have a good finishing mower for the 28hp and 39hp. models (belly mount)?
Are they like those Chinese tractors or closer to Kabota or JD in terms of quality?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.
-----

Well, I'll try to answer your questions based on my experience and opinions...

<font color=blue>Are they a good value? </font color=blue>

I thought so. I compared them to Century/Branson & Kioti. The "big 3" offer nice machines, but were out of my price range. Mahindra makes nice tractors, but they aren't perfect. Every tractor brand/model has +'s and -'s, regardless of who makes it. (Anybody who says otherwise is either into self-delusion or incapabile of thinking critically).

Here's a link to the thread I had started asking other folk's opinions. I discuss some of these +'s and -'s in it.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=genbuy&Number=107328&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra </A>

<font color=blue>How's the warranty?</font color=blue>

2 yrs - haven't used it yet, so can't comment on how "easy" it is to deal with or not.

<font color=blue>Do they stack-up well against Kabota? </font color=blue>

At the risk of offending some Kubota owners, my opinion is "yes" - in as far as the machine's capibilities. Kubota however has a bigger support network, so depending on where you live, it may be easier to have a Kubota worked on.

<font color=blue>Would you recommend Mahindra to your brother/father? </font color=blue> Yes.

<font color=blue>Would you buy another Mahindra as your next Tractor? </font color=blue> Yes.

<font color=blue>Do they have a good finishing mower for the 28hp and 39hp. models (belly mount)? </font color=blue>

I'm not positive, but I don't think that they offer a MMM for any of their models.

<font color=blue>Are they like those Chinese tractors or closer to Kabota or JD in terms of quality? </font color=blue>

Far closer to Kubota/JD than Chinese. Fit & finish is very good. The Chinese tractors are pretty "rough" in workmanship (I think that even the Chinese tractor owners would back this up). If you go look at a Chinese tractor close up and a Mahindra close up as well, you'll see an obvious difference.

I can't speak to the India models of Mahindra tractors (I've seen them, but wasn't interested in 2WD, so didn't look closely.) (My understanding is that all of the 4WD models are made in South Korea)

Lemme know if you have any other questions.

BTW, here's a link to some photos of my tractor...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pbase.com/traxer128>pictures</A>

/ Mahindra Owners? Anyone??? #14  
Ranchman,
I was just looking through your Mahindra pictures.
My question is do the engine side panals remove easily for more access?What about the grill area?
I haven't seen the Mahindra machines except in photos.
Also when you get some time in on your tractor i would like to read more about it in REVEIWS.

wolbert-

As far as the side panels - yes - they are removable. They appear to be pretty easy to remove, although I can't speak from first-hand experience since I haven't removed them as of yet -- I'll let you know when I put them "to the test."

The grill is actually integrated into the hood, so whenever you raise it, the grill is out of the way. The one thing I don't like about the hood though is that the "catch" that holds it up is toward the rear of the engine compartment and you have to pull it toward you to get it to disengage and drop the hood.

To avoid stretching (I'm lazy /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) I fashioned me a "hook" out of a wire clothes hangar. Simple tool, and a LOT more convenient that way. A minor thing, but something that Mahindra could improve @ minimal cost (maybe a "cable pull" or something like that integrated into the hood assembly, etc.)

I'll definitely post a comprehensive review when I get a few more hours "on meter" - (right now I only have about 25).

PS: Thanks for the kind words on the other thread. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Mahindra Owners? Anyone??? #16  
Nice looking tractor RanchMan. I looked at them when I was looking to buy I went with kioti because of the dealer mostly. even though the kioti dealer was an extra 50 miles away. I like the hood of the 4110 it looks like its ready to eat the gound up.

Thanks for the compliment! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I was pretty impressed with the Kioti (DK40) as well when I was looking - it was a really hard decision. (The dealer I bought my Mahindra from also sold Kioti, so that made it even MORE difficult!)

For me, the price difference, extra 4 gears, perceived ergonomics, etc. which were +'s in the Mahindra column for me outweighed what I felt were +'s in the Kioti column (visibility, dealership "reach", 3 pt. "whistles & bells", etc.) Of course, that's just personal perspective for how Mahindra "fit" me - for others, Mahindra could be the "less optimal" choice - it all depends on the user's preferences and the type of work i suppose.

I'm the first to admit that while I'm very satisfied with my Mahindra and would purchase the same model again, it could use a few mods and they aren't for everyone - of course, every tractor has their "warts" I suppose.

As far as <font color=blue>...ready to eat the ground up.</font color=blue>, look at the picture titled "Front" again - I think it kindof looks like a mean spider /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Lemme know if you agree!

/ Mahindra Owners? Anyone??? #18  
<font color=blue>I think it kind of looks like a mean spider</font color=blue>

I have looked at that pic a few times myself. Really makes me hungry, being 'crawfish season' and all. To me it looks like a boiled crawfish./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif Guess that could be because I am from South Louisiana. You know, where we'll eat anything that doesn't eat us first. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Attachments

• 19-137200-cajuncooks.JPG
    19-137200-cajuncooks.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 211
   / Mahindra Owners? Anyone??? #19  
If all your cooks look like that I'm moving./w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Mahindra Owners? Anyone??? #20  
My roommate and another friend just did a crawfish boil this weekend. They did 800 pounds and these were the biggest mudbugs I've seen in years! Lobsters! The price was right, too. 85 cents a pound.