Brand new 3215 How do you "float" the 3PH?

/ Brand new 3215 How do you "float" the 3PH? #11  
Carr73 said:
I am brand new to tractors. We just purchased 8 acres and a 3215. In the manual for every implement that I bought They "Howse" said to put the hitch in the "float" mode. My tractor has the position lever and A knob that controls the down speed of the hitch. I was wondering if I opened that valve all the way, like to drop the hitch real quick, would that be like floating the hitch!!!!!! The tractor is great and I am learning quick.

Are you sure it is a drop speed control and not a draft control? If it is a draft control it doesn't control how fast the hitch drops, it actually senses how much pressure is on the hitch and will raise it if it meets a certain setting. So if you were "Floating" and you hit a hard patch of ground, ice, rock, etc the draft would kick in and actually raise the hitch some for you until it eased up. It is important that you not leave the draft control up all the time as it will cause damage to the 3pt. overheating etc I believe.

/ Brand new 3215 How do you "float" the 3PH? #12  
Tim_in_IA said:
Are you sure it is a drop speed control and not a draft control? If it is a draft control it doesn't control how fast the hitch drops, it actually senses how much pressure is on the hitch and will raise it if it meets a certain setting. So if you were "Floating" and you hit a hard patch of ground, ice, rock, etc the draft would kick in and actually raise the hitch some for you until it eased up. It is important that you not leave the draft control up all the time as it will cause damage to the 3pt. overheating etc I believe.

Tim, no draft control on Mahindra's smaller tractors.:(

/ Brand new 3215 How do you "float" the 3PH? #13  
Well, now I am confused:eek: . I have a 9N that I can set the draft control so the 3 point implement can follow the contour of the land. I have been unable to set the draft on my 3215 HST. What is "float control" on the 3 point mean with the Mahindra? I use the float control on the FEL whem I'm back blading to try and get things even, if not level. I generally get the 9N with the box blade to finish it up as it does a better job then I am able to perform with the FEL. What is the difference between float control & draft control:confused: ?

/ Brand new 3215 How do you "float" the 3PH? #14  
Just put the position lever down all the way and it is floating. Draft control is a load sensing automatic position control. Unless you are pulling a piece of equipment which pulls itself into the ground, like a mould board plow, draft control will do you no good. I hope this makes some sence.