Snow Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower

/ Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower #1  

Wyld Bill

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra
When I was looking on here there was one guy with a 2615 with a 62" Puma blower. I was wondering how that & other wider snow blowers work on a 2615 HST withe it's meager 21HP PTO output.

/ Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower #2  
Hi Bill, I replied to your other thread on snowblowers.

/ Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower #3  
Wyld Bill said:
When I was looking on here there was one guy with a 2615 with a 62" Puma blower. I was wondering how that & other wider snow blowers work on a 2615 HST withe it's meager 21HP PTO output.

The 2615 HST generally puts out 23-24 pto HP on our dyno, they are underated in the brochures.

/ Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower #4  
The 62" would be the size I would recommend for the 2615, and it will handle, no problem.

/ Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower #5  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
The 62" would be the size I would recommend for the 2615, and it will handle, no problem.

For sure, I've yet to run into a lack of pto power for any of my implements.

/ Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower #6  
Bill,
I sent you a PM reply.
To answer your question my 2615HST has the PUMA 64" blower. It would probably handle a larger one. You need to at least cover you wheel tracks. The speed and range you use depends on the type of snow you are blowing. Light fluffy snow you can probably use mid range and move right along. The wet heavy snow may require low range at a slower speed. The HST is great because you set the RPM for PTO speed of 540 and control your movement speed with the HST pedal. On blacktop drives you can set the shoes low, for gravel drives set them high to avoid picking up gravel / stones. It's amazing how fast one little stone will snap a shear bolt.

/ Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower
DavesTractor said:
The 2615 HST generally puts out 23-24 pto HP on our dyno, they are underated in the brochures.
Wow SWEET!
Thanks

Thanks guys.
Gonna look for a deal on a 62" blower. OR a STEAL on a 60" blower then if it isn't wide enough I can add wings.

So lets see we got>

RAD/Edneyco/Blizzard made by Bearvac that is 64" for $1938
Pronovost/Puma-64" for ????
Schule BX-62" for YIKES $4300 :eek:

I like the gear drive chute on the Puma,...although I was thinking of using a small ATV winch to turn th echute & I guess I wouldn't be able to do that modification with that one. Hmmmm

/ Can a 2615 HST power a 62" or 72" Snow blower #10  
Bill,
I have a 2615HST with a 72" standard sized (not compact) Agrotrend blower on the back. I haven't had any issues blowing the snow, even when it's the heavy lake effect snow. I have actually used my high speed hst setting to blow the snow when it's the light fluffy stuff and haven't had to use the lower gear yet. I have found that the snow will start pushing and coming out the sides before the tractor bogs down and that will make you slow down a bit.