Tier III engines

/ Tier III engines #1  

meade

Tractor
2008 Mahindra 2415 HST
If I am understanding this right, there is more pressure on tractor engine manufacturers to adhere to stricter standards being added to diesel fuel.......I am guessing it is in regards to sulfur content. Are the tier III engines the outcome of stricter emission standards and would all new models of Mahindra tractors have the new engines? Would changes be made to diesel fuel that would cause you to have to put in an additive for non-tier III engines? Just wondering if the new series/line of Mahindras might be better waiting for then the current series?

Meade

/ Tier III engines #2  
I would say if you just want to pay more later, then wait. Otherwise, now is the time to buy.

/ Tier III engines #3  
This is from the JD website:

The 1990 Clean Air Act gave the Environmental Protection Agency the authority to regulate non-road emissions. The EPA's first step to reducing non-road emissions was known as Tier 1, and its primary goal was to immediately reduce oxides of nitrogen (NOx) while making a minimal impact on the machine. Before Tier 1 was fully implemented, the EPA began developing the next rounds of regulations (Tier 2 and Tier 3), with successively stringent requirements. PowerTech engines were our solution for Tier 2/Stage II, but there痴 no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution for Tier 3/Stage III A. The PowerTech family now includes PowerTech Plus? PowerTech E? and PowerTech M?

OFFROAD_CHART_01.jpg

clearpix.gif

clearpix.gif

/ Tier III engines #4  
I agree with Achingback, now is the time to buy before the pricing changes.

From what I've read all units greater than 50hp will have 3 cyl. diesel instead of 4 cyl. and the 25 Series units under 50hp will have 4 cyl. engines.

/ Tier III engines #5  
RedRiver said:
I agree with Achingback, now is the time to buy before the pricing changes.

From what I've read all units greater than 50hp will have 3 cyl. diesel instead of 4 cyl. and the 25 Series units under 50hp will have 4 cyl. engines.

That would be a major change. I was under the impression Mahindra was just tweaking their current engines to meet emissions compliance. Like through exhaust gas recirculation, turbos, and such.
Wouldn't they almost have to have atleast a 4 cylinder engine in the 8560 that's coming? And in the 7520's?

/ Tier III engines #6  
the 8560 will have a 4 cyl...........forgot to mention all of those units over 50hp going from a 4 cyl. to 3 cyl. will now be turbocharged.