Oil & Fuel Locking Fuel Cap

/ Locking Fuel Cap #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Anyone know where I can buy a locking fuel cap for my 6520?
hugs, Brandi

/ Locking Fuel Cap #2  
bindian said:
Anyone know where I can buy a locking fuel cap for my 6520?
hugs, Brandi

Brandi since you brought up fuel caps.... On my 6500 this has to be my biggest problem. It is extremely hard to get the fuel cap to seat properly when putting it on. Is this normal or does everyone else cut their hands up doing this too? There is a limited space in that area to turn your hands and my cap always wants to work on one side and have one side come free if that makes sense? Sorry to hijack or twist your thread Brandi!

/ Locking Fuel Cap #3  
I have no problem with my 6500 4WD

/ Locking Fuel Cap
Tim_in_IA said:
Brandi since you brought up fuel caps.... On my 6500 this has to be my biggest problem. It is extremely hard to get the fuel cap to seat properly when putting it on. Is this normal or does everyone else cut their hands up doing this too? There is a limited space in that area to turn your hands and my cap always wants to work on one side and have one side come free if that makes sense? Sorry to hijack or twist your thread Brandi!
Tim_in_IA,
Hijack away.:)
hugs, Brandi

/ Locking Fuel Cap #5  
I bought one at NAPA for my Ford 1920. They pulled out their book and the guy was surprised the 1920 was listed in the tractor section. If I recall it only cost around $10. The only problem I had with mine is the 1920 has a little door that covers the fuel cap and the locking cap is too tall to let the door close. It wasn't a big issue as I only use it if I leave the tractor in town which isn't very often.

/ Locking Fuel Cap #6  
Tim_in_IA said:

Hi Tim,

I have no problem with gas cap. Sounds like something is perhaps bent.

/ Locking Fuel Cap #7  
Maine_Polack said:
Hi Tim,

I have no problem with gas cap. Sounds like something is perhaps bent.

Sounds good. I'll check it out to see if anything looks out of whack. I am always in a hurry to do something when I am filling it so I guess I never tried to fix it :).