3-Point Hitch 3Pt Hitch Log Splitter

/ 3Pt Hitch Log Splitter #21  
SPYDERLK,you are correct in all that you say. Here is some of the specs on mine vs the stand alone I compared to. I'm only running at 2000PSI vs the S.A. that can shuttle to 2500PSI. The S.A. shuttles at 500PSI. I know for a fact I can split through tougher wood than the S.A. can even though it has 500PSI more pressure. I'm only running 2000PSI (I set the valve to relieve there) as that is all that is necessary and I figure it may save wear on the pump. I called Speeco and the S.A. in second stage is lowered to about 1GPM. All I can figure is the volume combined with the pressure does add force as at 2000PSI I am still pushing with 21GPM instead of 1GPM.
Now aside from the actual splitting the mounted unit has flexibility where ever you use it especially if I go to the woods. With the receiver I can tow the trailer behind and split to it. If the terrain is rough I can adjust the height to where it is comfortable. And if I want to go vertical I don't need a shovel to dig a hole like always seems to be needed on the S.A.'s.