3-Point Hitch 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position

/ 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position #1  

srjones

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2015HST & Mitsubish R1500
I've noticed recently it was difficult to lower without really pushing hard one the lever.

Today I raised a loaded 3PT attachment, however it wouldn't lower. After tapping on lever near the pivot point, I could get it come down. The lever operated normally when raising it.

I'm waiting until Monday to talk to my dealer.

Has anyone seen this?

/ 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position #2  
srjones said:
I've noticed recently it was difficult to lower without really pushing hard one the lever.

Today I raised a loaded 3PT attachment, however it wouldn't lower. After tapping on lever near the pivot point, I could get it come down. The lever operated normally when raising it.

I'm waiting until Monday to talk to my dealer.

Has anyone seen this?

Have you tried adjusting the 3 point speed control below the seat? I've had to adjust mine after I bought it because it was set to go down too slowly for me.

/ 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position
Yeah, I've done that. Once the lever is in the down position, the 3PT will lower. The issue is getting the lever there in the first place.

/ 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position #4  
The lever was very stiff on my 2615 3PT. There is a rod connected to the lever. The connection uses two nuts. I loosened, and adjusted the nuts, and the lever began to move freely. I believe the inner nut it too tight against the linkage rod. I don't know how it is on the 2015.

At first I was thinking it was something like that but the wierd thing is that once I tap it with a hammer to get into the down position, I can pull it back to the up position with normal force.

Anyway, I'll post back once I talk to the dealer.

Thanks....

Problem solved!

I talked to Steve Roy at Valley View Tractor in Newberg, Oregon :D and he thought it be a stuck linkage issue probably due to rust. He suggested giving it a good dose of penetrating oil, letting it sit and then working it back an forth until it's back to normal.

And I did just that. However, I couldn't find my can of PB (PowerBlaster) so I used Fluid Film which worked just as well (and smells much better). And now the 3PT works better than it has in a long time.

/ 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position #7  
I have a 3pt control handle on a 2615HST that is stuck about half way up. I sprayed power blaster on the linkages and removed the loosened the two nuts halfway down the links. No luck so far.

There is a u shaped bracket where a staff in the control linkage goes into the main housing. The bracket covers a larger lock nut torqued to the housing. Should I remove the cover loosen this nut?

Any other ideas? I haven't started hammering on the linkage yet.

/ 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position #8  
Rich, if I remember correctly, I had to loosen the lock nut you described. My handle became quite stiff, and hard to move in either direction. I will take another look in the morning and let you know for sure what I did to solve the problem. Take heart, it is something minor. And no hammering should be needed.

Did you try what I described in post #4 above?

/ 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position #9  
Tried the link with the two lock nuts (#4 above). It didn't work. Its been very late and dark when I get back from work. I will look on the weekend when I can see better.

/ 2015 3PT stuck in the "up" position #10  
It's fixed on my 2615 HST. Loosening the two sets of locking nuts in the linkage didn't help.

The problem was the final arm in the linkages, in the area where the linkage goes into the housing for the 3pt. This is on the left side of the tractor, the side with the PTO controls. I pulled the seat and the plate under the seat to get to this.

After trying a new of things that didn't work, I finally put a wrench on this arm and started to force it back and forth. Then I started moving it back and forth while spraying it with PB blaster. It took a while but finally got to a point were the linkage was very free. At that point the 3pt height control level moved too freely, but the two set of lock nuts in the leakage were out. So I installed those nuts and set the resistance in the linkage to where I like it.

The tractor is six years old, so I guess every few years I should lube this connection with PB blaster. I will post a few picture later to show the linkage point that was the problem.