Factory Mahindra Filters Question

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question #1  

CuzPat62

Tractor
2006 Mahindra 7520 4WD w/ ML 275 loader, bale spear, pallet forks, grille guard & canopy.
Hello All,

Been quite awhile since I've posted but I do stop by to read very often. Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to ask a quick question or two.

Is there any place or a particular dealer that one can buy parts and things such as fuel filters, air filter elements and oil filters, transmission filters, etc. for our Mahindra tractors and get them at a good price? I'm just curious to know if I can order them from someplace without having to make such a long drive to the dealer nearest me to purchase them? I don't mind ordering stuff online.

Can anyone post a link or maybe a 1-800 number to a good resource for these factory Mahindra filters?

Much thanks!

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question #3  
Hey CuzPat... how has the 7520 been working out for you? I know you had some problems when it was new... everything going your way now?

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question
DmansPadge said:
Hey CuzPat... how has the 7520 been working out for you? I know you had some problems when it was new... everything going your way now?

I have not had any more problems with the tractor since last summer when a Mahindra rep. came to my place with someone from the dealership where I purchased the tractor. They were able to get all the remaining issues at that time resolved for me.

Since then, all has been well with the tractor. I have been doing a lot of hay work with it and this past fall we really worked it hard at our hunting club bushogging and breaking up food plots.

I just did a 250-300 hour service on it yesterday.

My only concern that I still have is that it seems to really like the fuel. I expected it to be somewhat easier on fuel consumption than it actually is.

I need a good source to order the factory filters from thus the reason for this post.

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question #5  
CuzPat62 said:
I have not had any more problems with the tractor since last summer when a Mahindra rep. came to my place with someone from the dealership where I purchased the tractor. They were able to get all the remaining issues at that time resolved for me.

My only concern that I still have is that it seems to really like the fuel. I expected it to be somewhat easier on fuel consumption than it actually is.
Glad to hear things went well. Mine is doing fine too at 400hrs - just some lingering non operational warranty issues Im trying to clear up.

I thot mine used a lot of fuel too until I noticed the tank only holds 10 or 12G when the reserve light comes on. Fast use of a tank doesnt seem so bad when you realize it isnt a very big tank. At full power it will suck it down tho. Heavy tractor. Also, Im thinking the injector timing is slightly retarded. Something on my list.
larry

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question #6  
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I can't resist the fuel consumption topic. Running about 2k rpm, my 7520 burns about 2 gph. I've only got 100 hrs, so this may factor in. I'm using my tractor to make hay, and walking the fine line of RPM's , power demand, and fuel consumption.

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question #7  
One of the best Mahindra guys on this site

I dont post to often but Galen deserves a mention

You will find him on this site under the name

Lawallstractor

Ask for Galen

He has all the filters and experience with these tractors

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question #8  
I sure wish I could find the hydraulic filters for the 7010 cab cheaper than the $45 each my dealer charged. Takes 2. That's $90 just for hydraulic filters.

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question #9  
jwcinpk said:
I sure wish I could find the hydraulic filters for the 7010 cab cheaper than the $45 each my dealer charged. Takes 2. That's $90 just for hydraulic filters.

I think that you might need to find a different dealer. Call around, most will ship no problem. I went through the same thing here. Local dealer charged right around double of what I ended up finding elsewhere.

/ Factory Mahindra Filters Question #10  
Fuel consumption, when I bought mine, did'nt give much thought to it but now that fuel's close to 5 bucks a gallon, boy am I glad my lil 3510 is a fuel mizer. I can barely get it to run through a gallon an hour while bush hogging. If useing just a blade or fel, it seems to last forever on a tank full. Proably not what some of you want to hear but I am really happy all around with this little tractor.