Oil & Fuel 7010 oil fill location

/ 7010 oil fill location #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Okay dealers help me out here. I was changing the oil in the 7010 and the owners manual shows 2 fill locations. 1 top of the motor which is impossible because I don't have the 10 hours it would take to do it that way and 2 the dipstick. I took the dipstick out and did it that way this time, but that's crazy. Surely there is a better way.

/ 7010 oil fill location #2  
Next time try removing the dip stick and then pouring the oil in at the top. This lets the air out of the engine while the oil is running in from the top. And you still need to be careful. Now I'm not a dealer and maybe there is a sensor that shows Mahindra that you have removed both caps at the same time and therefore your warranty is now void,:rolleyes: but that should work.

/ 7010 oil fill location
Does your 7520 have a yellow cap on the left side of the engine just behind the injector pump? What's that go to? Only problem (besides the baffle) with pouring in the top is that the air conditioner compressor lines are right there and you would have to unbolt and move some solid lines. Might be able to do that, but long term I would think it would weaken the lines. I can take the dipstick loose from the block and funnel it down that hole, it's just a pain.
Just hoping for a better way!
By the way I tried the 24/7 owners thingy. What a joke! They pay someone to tell you they don't know, call a dealer. Ah well atleast the owner's manual is online. I have 2 and couldn't find either of them!

/ 7010 oil fill location #4  
Joel,
Honestly I have never sold a 7010, so I haven't run into this or studied it. I was wondering if a funnel with a flexable spout would help. Just a thought.

/ 7010 oil fill location
A flexible funnel won't help because to remove the cap in the valve cover you would have to move the air conditioning lines. No trouble getting the oil in the dipstick hole you just have to remove the tube from the side of the block since the tube is curved.
What I'm really curious about is just in front of the injection pump there is what appears to be a filler neck with a painted yellow cap. I might add this is roughly the same size as a filler on a car or a truck. Also the cap is painted yellow and every other fill location (hydraulic,etc.) has a painted yellow cap. Since this uses a 7520 engine one of those tractors should be the same. Maybe they are the same and have added this fill location without updating the owners manual.
I'll try to post a pic!

/ 7010 oil fill location #6  
jwcinpk said:
Does your 7520 have a yellow cap on the left side of the engine just behind the injector pump? What's that go to? Only problem (besides the baffle) with pouring in the top is that the air conditioner compressor lines are right there and you would have to unbolt and move some solid lines. Might be able to do that, but long term I would think it would weaken the lines. I can take the dipstick loose from the block and funnel it down that hole, it's just a pain.
Just hoping for a better way!
By the way I tried the 24/7 owners thingy. What a joke! They pay someone to tell you they don't know, call a dealer. Ah well atleast the owner's manual is online. I have 2 and couldn't find either of them!

Joel, sorry but I don't have a cap that I know of behind the injector pump, :confused: and it sounds like they didn't put much thought into running the air conditioning lines if you have to move them to get to the filler cap.:eek: I'm not where my tractor is now, so I can't go out and check out these things.:( I still am very interested in seeing the new 8560 cab tractor and I want to get a look at the new 45hp tractor also. Maybe I won't need to change brands for my smaller tractor if I am ever able to get one.

Good luck with everything.

/ 7010 oil fill location
The 8560 is only about 6 months late and still not even a good picture of the cab version. I'm interested in that new 45 hp model too. It looks like I'll be trading the 6000 soon. It just doesn't get much use anymore. I need a small tractor backhoe for around the farm.
I'm going to try to get a pic of that filler neck today. Maybe it will jog your memory!

/ 7010 oil fill location #9  
jwcinpk said:
Okay what's this fill location for?
Do the 7520s have this fill location?

108_0109 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Maybe that is where you are supposed to put your oil in since the AC lines go over the breather on the valve cover. I do not have that filler that I know of. Now my 7520 is an early model, maybe the newer ones are different. :confused: Maybe if you were to find one of your owners manuals, you could find out for sure. :rolleyes: :D

/ 7010 oil fill location #10  
Joel,
That is obviosly the oil fill and is a good idea. The 7520 has only a flat plate that acts as a cover over the injection pump drive nut. Looks like you could place a qt. of oil in that spout and let it drain. I think your next oil change will be a lot easier, and to bad the book didn't show this. Take care.