Question on 50 hour service and more.

/ Question on 50 hour service and more. #1  

Papasmith

Bronze Member
Tractor
4500 Mahindra
I've had my 2000? 4500 for about two years. It was bought with 125 hours and I now have around 300 hrs on it. The person I bought it from did not have the owners manual. As a result, I am in the dark about several things.

1) What is done at the 50 hour service? Is this every 50 hours or just the first 50 hours?
2) Where is the hydraulic fluid dipstick? I think it is behind, below and to the right of the operator's seat but I am not sure.
3) Is the hydraulic, transmission, and power steering fluid all integrated? I don't think so but, I am not sure.

Lastly, is there any place online that I can find an operator's manual for this tractor?? I have a lot of other questions that I am sure that this publication would be able to answer?

/ Question on 50 hour service and more. #2  
Most owners manuals are available at the Mahindra 24/7 customer service for veiwing. Also I see some of them on Ebay! I have the 6000 and I believe the owners mauals are the same for the whole series. If you don't find the aswers soon PM me and I'll try to find the 6000 owners manual and get you the answers.

/ Question on 50 hour service and more. #3  
Papasmith said:
I've had my 2000? 4500 for about two years. It was bought with 125 hours and I now have around 300 hrs on it. The person I bought it from did not have the owners manual. As a result, I am in the dark about several things.

1) What is done at the 50 hour service? Is this every 50 hours or just the first 50 hours?
2) Where is the hydraulic fluid dipstick? I think it is behind, below and to the right of the operator's seat but I am not sure.
3) Is the hydraulic, transmission, and power steering fluid all integrated? I don't think so but, I am not sure.

Lastly, is there any place online that I can find an operator's manual for this tractor?? I have a lot of other questions that I am sure that this publication would be able to answer?

The first recommended service is at 50 hours. Then the next service is at 150 hours.

THe dipstick for the hydraulic system on the 4530 is on the side of the trayyn casing just below and ahead of the clutch pedal. I believe it may be in the same spot on the 4500.

Yes to your tranny/hyd system. It is a shared system.

As far as manuals go. Local dealer would be my first stop, after that try Bill's Tractor---- !Bill's Tractor of San Antonio,Mahindra Tractor,Parts,Blog

I know he carries manuals as well as parts.

/ Question on 50 hour service and more. #4  
Papasmith said:

mahindrausa.com click on 24/7 customer service.