Oil & Fuel FUEL CONSUMPTION

/ FUEL CONSUMPTION #1  

xlr82v2

Platinum Member
Tractor
2007 Mahindra 3525, 1952 Ford 8N
Just wanted to start this thread for everyone to post their fuel consumption numbers for their model of tractor...

Just post what year, model, and what job was being performed, and what the fuel burn was... and BE HONEST!:rolleyes:

This should be an interesting thread.

/ FUEL CONSUMPTION
My first opportunity to really work the tractor a substantial amount... finally got all the paint burned off of the exhaust manifold :p. Tilled up a food plot for my ex-Bro in Law... we did about 1 1/2 acres of tilling, maybe a bit more... it was pretty much non-stop for 1.8 hours on the hourmeter, single pass.

2007 Mahindra 3525, running 6' rear tiller, 1.8 hours, 2 gallons burned,

1.11gph

Normal consumption for my normal chores runs about .6-.7 gph.

/ FUEL CONSUMPTION #3  
2006 - Mahindra 4530 bush hogging. Six foot woods brush bull, slight incline to field. Running in 4wd, second/third gear. Total running time 5 1/2 hours. Fuel consumption 1.2 gal/hour.

Field was tall and quite heavy

/ FUEL CONSUMPTION #4  
2001 4110, 6' rotary in light to medium grass. Running approx. 2200 rpm in 7th gear, 4wd, loader installed, on hilly terrain. 1.0 gal per hour. Same now as it was 6 years and 1560 clock hours ago. Boxblading and loader work will vary consumption only about .1 or so per hour.

/ FUEL CONSUMPTION #5  
2001 4110, 6' rotary in light to medium grass. Running approx. 2200 rpm in 7th gear, 4wd, loader installed, on hilly terrain. 1.0 gal per hour. Same now as it was 6 years and 1560 clock hours ago. Boxblading and loader work will vary consumption only about .1 or so per hour.

Sounds pretty good to me.

/ FUEL CONSUMPTION #6  
When its empty....I fill it.:D

/ FUEL CONSUMPTION #7  
Just wanted to start this thread for everyone to post their fuel consumption numbers for their model of tractor...

Just post what year, model, and what job was being performed, and what the fuel burn was... and BE HONEST!:rolleyes:

This should be an interesting thread.

So far my toughest job with a 2015HST was 2 days of digging my new carport, from say 9AM-6PM for 2 days. In those 2 days it took, just about 1.5 tanks of diesel to do all of that work. I honestly don't know what that works to exactly, I would guess it's realistically around 2 gph. The only thing I can safely say is that the Mahindra can outmow and outmove my cub cadet garden tractor with just a teeny bit of diesel. I'm pretty amazed at how fuel efficient the 2015 really is.