3525 won't start. shut off with pto engaged at 2200 rpm

/ 3525 won't start. shut off with pto engaged at 2200 rpm #1  

twitch

HELP ANYONE! I was mowing and shut off the tractor without disengaging the pto or lowering the rpm's. not the tractor will do nothing. The headlights won't come on, horn won't honk, blinkers won't work. I have checked all fuses and they are all good.

any advice would be GREAT!

Thanks and God Bless!

/ 3525 won't start. shut off with pto engaged at 2200 rpm #2  
HELP ANYONE! I was mowing and shut off the tractor without disengaging the pto or lowering the rpm's. not the tractor will do nothing. The headlights won't come on, horn won't honk, blinkers won't work. I have checked all fuses and they are all good.

any advice would be GREAT!

Thanks and God Bless!

Did you disengage the pto before trying to restart the tractor? There's an interlock switch on the pto shift lever that prevents starting the tractor with the pto engaged.

I'd also check the starter switch and the fuse in that circuit. It's a 30 amp fuse on my Mahindra 5525. That switch is the only common component in the horn, light and blinker circuits in my 5525.

/ 3525 won't start. shut off with pto engaged at 2200 rpm
Yes Sr. Pto is disengaged. I did check the fuses under the steering wheel but, that was all the fuses I could find. Where is the 30 amp fuse located on your 5522? It seems like there is a fuse out or a breaker kicked. It just went dead. No power at all. Just like you took the battery out.

I checked the battery at the starter and got 12.65 volts at the starter.

Thanks for the help.
God Bless.

Did you disengage the pto before trying to restart the tractor? There's an interlock switch on the pto shift lever that prevents starting the tractor with the pto engaged.

I'd also check the starter switch and the fuse in that circuit. It's a 30 amp fuse on my Mahindra 5525. That switch is the only common component in the horn, light and blinker circuits in my 5525.

/ 3525 won't start. shut off with pto engaged at 2200 rpm #4  
Yes Sr. Pto is disengaged. I did check the fuses under the steering wheel but, that was all the fuses I could find. Where is the 30 amp fuse located on your 5522? It seems like there is a fuse out or a breaker kicked. It just went dead. No power at all. Just like you took the battery out.

I checked the battery at the starter and got 12.65 volts at the starter.

Thanks for the help.
God Bless.

Somewhere under the hood is my guess. That 30A fuse is not in the fusebox. It's between the battery + pole and the starter switch. Probably time for you to put in a call to your dealer to find out for sure on that 3525.

/ 3525 won't start. shut off with pto engaged at 2200 rpm
Ok, good news/ bad news. Found the fuse. Under the fuse box. Changed it and started. Now, when in neutral it starts going in reverse. It seems like it won稚 go into 1st or reverse. It will back up and it will go into 2nd gear but, just bogs down and stalls. Like the break is on but, it isn稚.

Any advice?

/ 3525 won't start. shut off with pto engaged at 2200 rpm #6  
Ok, good news/ bad news. Found the fuse. Under the fuse box. Changed it and started. Now, when in neutral it starts going in reverse. It seems like it won稚 go into 1st or reverse. It will back up and it will go into 2nd gear but, just bogs down and stalls. Like the break is on but, it isn稚.

Any advice?

That's not good. Looks like something has happened to your two-stage clutch and/or transmission.

There's a lot of momentum in a spinning mower, especially a brush hog running at 540 rpm. When you shut off the engine with that mower spinning, that rotational energy has to go somewhere inside the transmission.

I would expect that your tranny is protected internally by an overrunning clutch feature to protect the engine and transmission when the engine unexpectedly stops while mowing. Maybe that feature has failed. Unfortunately, I don't have a service manual for my 5525 so I can't be of much help.

/ 3525 won't start. shut off with pto engaged at 2200 rpm #7  
I don`t know what your problem is but the 3525 does not have an internal overrunning clutch .

gOOD lUCK !