Oil & Fuel Low oil pressure light - 7520

/ Low oil pressure light - 7520 #1  

jrchafin

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahinda 7520
Hello all,
Brand new 7520 4WD, 19 hours on the machine. I was bush hogging with it for the first time, had by ear protection on and everything seemed to be going well. I finished a section and took my ear protection off and heard a constant whine/beep sound. At first I thought it was the turbo, turns out it was a low oil pressure warning. :eek: Yikes!

I shut it down and checked the oil, full. So either I have a bad oil pump or a bad sensor. I let the machine sit for an hour or so and tried it again, same warning. It runs just fine, isn't smoking, or doing anything else unusual. Please be the sensor, please be the sensor, please be.....................

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Of course it is under warranty, but the dealer is 1 hour away. :(

Jon

/ Low oil pressure light - 7520 #2  
Hello all,
Brand new 7520 4WD, 19 hours on the machine. I was bush hogging with it for the first time, had by ear protection on and everything seemed to be going well. I finished a section and took my ear protection off and heard a constant whine/beep sound. At first I thought it was the turbo, turns out it was a low oil pressure warning. :eek: Yikes!

I shut it down and checked the oil, full. So either I have a bad oil pump or a bad sensor. I let the machine sit for an hour or so and tried it again, same warning. It runs just fine, isn't smoking, or doing anything else unusual. Please be the sensor, please be the sensor, please be.....................

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Of course it is under warranty, but the dealer is 1 hour away. :(

Jon

If that happened to my Mahindra 5525, I would unscrew the oil pressure switch, screw a tee into the block and attach the pressure switch and a $25 oil pressure dial gauge to the tee. This will help locate the problem right away.

I used this method to trouble shoot an oil pressure problem on my 1964 MF-135 diesel.

/ Low oil pressure light - 7520 #3  
I will bet it is the electronic dash panel, call your dealer and talk them. Maybe they will come out and diagnose and repair your problem. If they won't make the trip out on their dollar, have them send you a dash panel, and is a easy swap, 4 screws and a few plugs. I will bet it solves the problem, and if not you better get it to the dealer. Good luck with it.

/ Low oil pressure light - 7520 #4  
The oil pressure on my 6500 drop to the red area this summer. I went to an auto supply store, bought an oil pressure gauge and an installation kit (plastic hose and a couple of different adaptors). Unscewed the the sending unit from the block and installed the new pressure gauge. The oil pressure was Ok. Called dealer to get his thoughts on whether the problem was with the sending unit or the gauge. He said he had seem quite a few problems with the sending units. Got a new sending unit and the problem was fixed.

Bob