7520 won't shut down

/ 7520 won't shut down #1  

flatrockfarm

Tractor
2006 Mahindra 6500 4wd, deere 1010, yanmar 1610d
Hello everyone.
A good friend of mine is having a problem with his 7520 and it has got me (and the dealer) stumped.
Some of the time when he goes to shut the tractor down, it will keep running- even when the wire to the fuel shut-off solenoid is pulled.
He is often able to shut it down by repeatedly switching the ignition on and off. The dealer has had his tractor in the shop repeatedly, and has had mechanics out to his farm. They have adjusted timing, replaced switches and solenoids, including the fuel shut-off solenoid on top of the pump. The tractor still continues to run on after being shut off. It will not rev, but will continue to idle regardless of throttle position.
The only thing I can figure is that the pump is leaking internally-just enough fuel to keep the tractor running at idle.
The fact that it runs after the wire to the pump has been pulled would seem to suggest that the problem is not electrical (switch, etc.), but rather mechanical. The local dealer has been very helpful and patient, but I think is feeling a lack of support from Mahindra.
My friend loves his tractor- and would not hesitate to reccomend it to anyone with the exception of this problem. I have a 6500 and feel the same way. Any Ideas?

/ 7520 won't shut down #2  
It sounds like there is some trash in the fuel shutoff solonoid. Take out the solonoid, being careful not to lose the solonoid plunger and spring, then clean out the seat with a Qtip. I would think the dealer would have already tried this, but that is what it sounds like. Let us know how things work out.

/ 7520 won't shut down
Thanks for the reply Galen.
I will suggest he give that a try.

/ 7520 won't shut down #4  
Thanks for the reply Galen.
I will suggest he give that a try.

If that doesn't work, have your dealer give the Mahindra service rep a call. There has been a couple of these do this and they have a fix. I think the problem is in the injection pump, odd as that seems.

/ 7520 won't shut down #5  
If that doesn't work, have your dealer give the Mahindra service rep a call. There has been a couple of these do this and they have a fix. I think the problem is in the injection pump, odd as that seems.
And please post about the remedy. Ive got one that hasnt done it and I want to be prepared.
larry

/ 7520 won't shut down #6  
Mine was doing the same thing but stated doing opposite started shutting down and acted like it was getting enough fuel the fuel shut-off solenoid was hot to the touch
do you have a part number for the fuel shut-off solenoid and yes i changed filters
thanks
Darrell

/ 7520 won't shut down #7  
Can you shut it down manually at the pump?

Be sure to check the hyd and engine oil levels also just to be sure its not about to run away.

/ 7520 won't shut down #8  
i have a 7010 that just started doing the same, cranks up and when you turn the key off it keeps running. I ran it a little while and kept turning the key on and off, it would act like it was about to turn off and suddenly rev back up and keep running. finally after messing around long enough with the key it shut down. if someone comes up with the fix please post it here