How is Mahindra Doing?

/ How is Mahindra Doing? #1  

Papasmith

Bronze Member
Tractor
4500 Mahindra
Has anyone got a good feel how Mahindra is doing in the U.S. now? I recently discovered that a local Mahindra Dealer that I used has closed it doors. In addition, it seems that as I look on Ebay or other sites that sells tractors, Mahindra doesn't seem to appear nearly as much as Kioti, Mitsubishi, or even Montana which I had thought of as brands at the same stage in their fight for market share.

One thing that is prompting this question is the problem that one member has had with his 4500 and I am beginning to wonder if I shouldn't look for another brand.

Thanks,
Dave in NC

4500 with FEL

/ How is Mahindra Doing? #2  
Has anyone got a good feel how Mahindra is doing in the U.S. now? I recently discovered that a local Mahindra Dealer that I used has closed it doors. In addition, it seems that as I look on Ebay or other sites that sells tractors, Mahindra doesn't seem to appear nearly as much as Kioti, Mitsubishi, or even Montana which I had thought of as brands at the same stage in their fight for market share.

One thing that is prompting this question is the problem that one member has had with his 4500 and I am beginning to wonder if I shouldn't look for another brand.

Thanks,
Dave in NC

4500 with FEL

Just a quick question. Why would you expect to see them on Ebay. I certainly wouldn't try to sell a new tractor on ebay. I believe that would be a definate loosing proposition.

/ How is Mahindra Doing? #3  

Thanks,
Dave in NC

4500 with FEL

Tractor dealers come and go all the time.

In May05 I bought my first tractor--a new Kubota B7510HST with the LA302 FEL from the local Bota dealer. By Jan06 he had closed his doors after more than 30 years in the business. Internal problems among the partners forced the business to be dissolved. No way a typical customer could see that coming. In retrospect, I should have asked the sales guy about the condition of the dealership, but who thinks about that stuff when buying a neat tractor?

I had seriously considered an equivalent Mahindra but decided to go with Kubota because of its great reputation for quality and dealer support.

In March08 I traded that Kubota for a Mahindra 5525. Great deal/dealer, excellent tractor.

/ How is Mahindra Doing? #4  
In my opinion, I'd say seeing few used units for sale is actually a good thing. It means that people are keeping the tractor they purchased.

Like has already been said, dealers come and go regardless of brand. Times are tough right now and it's not surprising to see any dealer regardless of brand having to close their doors.

as for the owner with the 4500, i think if you read a bit more into it you'll see there is more to the story. seems that user only comes on here to post bad things, when his tractor is fixed i doubt he'll come on here posting that

/ How is Mahindra Doing? #5  
I am happy with my tractor but my dealer SUCKS! :mad: Any parts I get for my tractor will be from one of the dealers that are on this forum.

/ How is Mahindra Doing? #6  
I have been very happy with my 3215. I have had for about a year and a half and it has a little of 100 hours. Very few issues with it. The dealer I purchased from is still around and selling the brand.

Last edited:
   / How is Mahindra Doing? #7  

Thanks,
Dave in NC

4500 with FEL

I'd venture to say that Mahindra is doing just fine. I don't know this for a fact, but my impression is that Mahindra is a larger company and has more tractors out than any of the other companies you mentioned; especially Mitsubishi and Montana. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

/ How is Mahindra Doing? #9  

Thanks,
Dave in NC

4500 with FEL

As dealers we are not employees of the brands we sell. We are privately owned independent product representatives. Very few of Mahindra's decisions affect my stability as a dealer and very few of my decisions affect Mahindra as a Manufacturer.

On the issue of the 4500. You would be amazed at how hard some customers want something to fail and will even ignore the problem till it is too late to later suck in the flood of sympathy they need in their lives. Masochism isn't just at trait of martyrs.

Buck

Last edited:
   / How is Mahindra Doing? #10  
As dealers we are not employees of the brands we sell. We are privately owned independent product representatives. Very few of Mahindra's decisions affect my stability as a dealer and very few of my decisions affect Mahindra as a Manufacturer.

On the issue of the 4500. You would be amazed at how hard some customers want something to fail and will even ignore the problem till it is too late to later suck in the flood of sympathy they need in their lives. Masochism isn't just at trait of martyrs.

Buck

So where do you see the consolidation coming in the tractor business with so many joint ventures with China, price point is sure to suffer---With FarmTrac-Mtron---Montana--McCormick--all sourcing their small tractors from the same source and TYM going it alone----Mahindra doing all kind of deals with Chinese company's---Kubota trying to buy the market with zero percent financing---CNH and John DEERE building Chinese plants---Kioti buying Bobcat---Deutz going it alone---and AGco doing what ever it is they are doing with all their labels and brands---surely some will go by the waste side because the numbers can not remain high with this credit crunch and housing slide!!!!! And I did not name all the players---plus all the importers of new and used tractors--- in the American market and I Failed to mention the low dollar---Is anyone looking at truly making a tractor in America again?? What is your out look Buck---I know you have alot of knowledge of the Asian markets--what gives???? Is the world use of tractors growing enough to absorb all this production along with the used tractor market---not many going to the scrap yards these days----or is there!!!