Canopy Where to find a canopy for a 6520

/ Where to find a canopy for a 6520 #1  

Arkinsaw Dave

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4wd
Can anyone tell me where I might find a canopy for a Mahindra 6520?? I'm thinking I'd like to go with metal vs fiberglass. Shor would appreciate any pointers. Thank you. :)

/ Where to find a canopy for a 6520 #3  
I have a Perry on my 6000. The only problem with it is the piece of trim that covers the sharp edges gets knocked loose while bush hogging around the edges of fields. I finally just removed it. Now the remaining sharp edge digs into any branches that come by and it is bending it.

My solution is to get a piece of angle iron and bolt it across the front edge. That should ride any limbs up and over the top.

Of course, if you aren't going to expose the canopy to limbs, this is not a problem.

Otherwise, I do like the Perry and would recommend it over the fiberglass or plastic canopies.

/ Where to find a canopy for a 6520 #4  
Use some good epoxy glue and glue the trim back on. They have very good glues today, but they are not cheap.

/ Where to find a canopy for a 6520 #5  
I just installed a Bare Co Canopy on my 2615. It was about $325.00, and has a very sturdy frame, and the polyethelene material is very tough.BARE-Co Standard Canopy

/ Where to find a canopy for a 6520 #6  
Can anyone tell me where I might find a canopy for a Mahindra 6520?? I'm thinking I'd like to go with metal vs fiberglass. Shor would appreciate any pointers. Thank you. :)

Arkinsaw Dave,
Here is a photo of my canopy on my 6520. I am not home right now, so I can't tell you the brand. But I bought it from my dealer with the tractor. He got it from either Lousianna or Arkansas. Numerous outfits make the aluminum canopies with the insulation on it above the angle iron frame.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 4-19-07 Canopy finally installed.jpg
    4-19-07 Canopy finally installed.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 202
   / Where to find a canopy for a 6520 #8  
Arkinsaw Dave,
Here is a photo of my canopy on my 6520. I am not home right now, so I can't tell you the brand. But I bought it from my dealer with the tractor. He got it from either Lousianna or Arkansas. Numerous outfits make the aluminum canopies with the insulation on it above the angle iron frame.
hugs, Brandi

Brandi, that is a Perry Canopy. I bought mine based on your recommendation made in another post. In fact, I bought the same thing and am satisfied with my decision.

/ Where to find a canopy for a 6520 #9  

TractorSunshade.com is what we sell. Around $400, they are Mahindra red, heavy fiberglass on a metal frame. Very nice, but freight on just one would be real expensive. Much heavier than the Bare-Co units, and they match the tractor.

/ Where to find a canopy for a 6520 #10  
Brandi, that is a Perry Canopy. I bought mine based on your recommendation made in another post. In fact, I bought the same thing and am satisfied with my decision.

Weldingisfun,
I am glad I bought the aluminum. It is tough enough to take abuse from small limbs and the angles make great places to install lights and stuff.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 4-13-08 Canopy forward work lights ops ck.jpg
    4-13-08 Canopy forward work lights ops ck.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 201