15-Series Winter Readiness Servicing

/ 15-Series Winter Readiness Servicing #1  

knute_m

Gold Member
Moved from Hilltop Hollow, WV to Outskirts of Winc
Tractor
Down to my lovable little red Mahindra with FEL, and backhoe.
This evening, I mostly finished my winter servicing for my little 2015 4WD w/loader. I service it every 50 hours, and it will turn over 200 hours sometime tomorrow. I've had it for 3-1/2 years.

Having been playing with tractors for about 50 years, I just want to state what a pleasure it is to work on this little tractor. Everything is so easy to access. Engine oil, grease fittings, brake and clutch adjustments, filters, etc.

It took me just over an hour to change the engine oil, front-end differential oil, replace the oil filter, fuel filter, and air filter -- and grease every fitting on the tractor and loader. I also adjusted the brakes, washed and waxed the tractor, and put ArmorAll on all the rubber and plastic.

I sure wish everything I owned was this easy to work on. Tomorrow I will touch up the paint that has worn off or faded.

Thanks Mahindra and KMW.

/ 15-Series Winter Readiness Servicing #2  
Yep , Finished the same for the new 2615 yesterday, Plus bought a nice snowblower from george 2615. Can't wait to put her to work...

/ 15-Series Winter Readiness Servicing #3  
Make sure you clean and protect the battery terminals and go over the loader mounting bolts.
Also under your seat their are 2 screws that hold the hinge on make sure they are tight.

/ 15-Series Winter Readiness Servicing
Make sure you clean and protect the battery terminals and go over the loader mounting bolts.
Also under your seat their are 2 screws that hold the hinge on make sure they are tight.

Great suggestions. I never thought about checking under the seat -- no problem.

I'm glad you brought up the point about the battery terminals. Ever since I've had my tractor, I've had a lot of corrosion on the battery frame and the bolts that hold it down to the tractor. I wash it good twice a year, and I grease everything, but is still corrodes all around the top of the battery and at the bottom of the long hook bolts. This time, some of the corrosion had fallen off the frame and onto the screen in front of the radiator, causing to rust -- I cleaned and re-painted it.

Any suggestions?

/ 15-Series Winter Readiness Servicing #5  
You can by battery paste or battery protectent spray and that helps.
Advanced Auto, Napa carries it.