Want to install a selector valve on 4110

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110 #1  

Willman

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4110
On my 4110 I have the Bradco 509 BH that was dealer installed with the Bradco connection kit.
When I needed hyd. outlets up front for my blade & grapple I ran lines from the tractors rear remotes to the front.
This setup works just fine but the hose switching gets to be a pain when I want to go from grapple to BH or vise versa.
If your familair with the Bradco connections, you need to switch the BH hose on the power beyond port to the dummy plug and then connect the tractor rear remotes & 3 pt. hose to the power beyond port (from the dummy plug)
My thought is to add a Price 2 way manual selector (20 gpm/2500 psi) valve between the power beyond port and the two hoses (BH & remote)
Then to my surprise I was looking at the Bradco BH installation instructions and I see that before January 2003 the Bradco connection kit included a 2 way selector valve!
My tractor is a 2004 model with the newer kit.
So.... here are my questions:
1) Does any one know why Bradco discontinued using the selector valve?
and
2) Would adding a selector valve not work or do some sort of damage?

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110 #2  
I will answer 2:

The diverter will not harm your system provided that you NEVER block the flow on the PB line. From what you wrote-it sounds to me like you understand what needs to be done so go for it:D

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110
Thanks Kennyd
It will be a pretty easy job to mount & plumb the valve.
Im really curious why Bradco eliminated the selector valve for the dummy plug & quick dissconects.

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110 #4  
Im really curious why Bradco eliminated the selector valve for the dummy plug & quick dissconects.

Money?:rolleyes:

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110 #5  
willman i tapped off my loader valve .I posted pics about 1yr/2yrs ago its a easy mod. if you can weld a little and run hyd. i ran a 3 spool valve but a 1 spool is good enuf good luck

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110 #6  
It looks to me like the Bradco kit change took place around the time the Danfoss loader valve was replaced with the Nimco valve. The newer kit appears to take advantage of the easy access to the Nimco valve's side PB port. I'm not even sure if the old Danfoss valve had a PB port but it sure as heck wasn't conveniently placed for easy hose switching - hence the use of the selector valve in the loader supply line (not the PB line). That selector valve obviously made for a more costly kit. It also meant losing FEL functionality any time you engaged the BH - a cumbersome setup at best.

Rusty

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110
It looks to me like the Bradco kit change took place around the time the Danfoss loader valve was replaced with the Nimco valve. The newer kit appears to take advantage of the easy access to the Nimco valve's side PB port. I'm not even sure if the old Danfoss valve had a PB port but it sure as heck wasn't conveniently placed for easy hose switching - hence the use of the selector valve in the loader supply line (not the PB line). That selector valve obviously made for a more costly kit. It also meant losing FEL functionality any time you engaged the BH - a cumbersome setup at best.

Rusty

Yes it must have been around the same time as the Bradco kit changed in January 1st 2003.
But even on the newer Bradco kit shematic it says "Switch coupler connection to operate loader" which is incorrect, as the flow to the loader is not interupted, it is the flow to the tractors rear hydraulics, three point & remotes.
It appears the early selector valve was to switch between loader or BH.
Looking at a picture of the Danfoss loader valve it seems to not have a PB port.

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110 #8  
Yes it must have been around the same time as the Bradco kit changed in January 1st 2003.
But even on the newer Bradco kit shematic it says "Switch coupler connection to operate loader" which is incorrect, as the flow to the loader is not interupted, it is the flow to the tractors rear hydraulics, three point & remotes.
It appears the early selector valve was to switch between loader or BH.
Looking at a picture of the Danfoss loader valve it seems to not have a PB port.
The Bradco kit's instructions are certainly not the best. I've got an old copy - maybe the same copy you have. I'd love to get an update on what Bradco is currently recommending for the Prince valve just to see if anything beyond fittings was changed.

That old Danfoss valve is a mystery to me. As you say, it doesn't appear in photos to have a PB port - and yet the older 10 series hydraulic diagrams all show loader valve PB. Either way, Bradco must have decided that swapping lines at that valve was not practical and so they went with the selector valve in the loader supply line. Somebody wasn't thinking that every time you relocate the BH you should raise and lower the FEL bucket as well.

Rusty

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110 #9  
The Bradco kit's instructions are certainly not the best. I've got an old copy - maybe the same copy you have. I'd love to get an update on what Bradco is currently recommending for the Prince valve just to see if anything beyond fittings was changed.

That old Danfoss valve is a mystery to me. As you say, it doesn't appear in photos to have a PB port - and yet the older 10 series hydraulic diagrams all show loader valve PB. Either way, Bradco must have decided that swapping lines at that valve was not practical and so they went with the selector valve in the loader supply line. Somebody wasn't thinking that every time you relocate the BH you should raise and lower the FEL bucket as well.

Rusty

My 4110 (2001) has the Danfoss loader valve and the PB port is on the outboard side of the valve - the easiest port to access and it is clearly cast above the port "PB".

/ Want to install a selector valve on 4110 #10  
My 4110 (2001) has the Danfoss loader valve and the PB port is on the outboard side of the valve - the easiest port to access and it is clearly cast above the port "PB".
Well, so much for my theory! :)

Rusty