2615HST Transmission Issues

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #1  

matt701

Hello! I've been a long time reader, never having a big enough issue to post about until now. Hopefully someone tells me it's a simple fix because I'm not sure how long my warranty is. I'm right at 100 hours now on it and bought it in April 2006. My HST the first year was great, I actually tried high gear (not full speed, just to get a feel for it) a few times when I first bought it and was snowblowing only 3 or 4 inches on flat pavement and it worked great. Now, with no implements running and being in 2 wheel drive, all warmed up I can barely go at all in high gear. Middle gear even gave me problems tonight when I drove it to my dads house about 1 mile away. In middle gear, I was going up a small grade and tried moving my bucket up and down and I actually had to stop the tractor and let it catch back up because it bogged right down and almost quit. In both higher ranges, it works perfectly at first, takes right off. High gear bogs after about 10 seconds, maybe just a little longer if going slightly downhill and middle gear only when going uphill or for a distance. This started last winter, but seems to have become worse this winter. I don't notice it as much in the summer in middle gear because I only mow and pull logs, but have pretty much gave up on high gear for anything. I guess if anyone has suggestions or knows what the warranty period is, that would be most helpful. Oh, maybe not related, but the only other problem I have is the loader valve. It sticks in the float position, sometimes I have to take pliers to it to pull the plunger back out.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #2  
Hello! I've been a long time reader, never having a big enough issue to post about until now. Hopefully someone tells me it's a simple fix because I'm not sure how long my warranty is. I'm right at 100 hours now on it and bought it in April 2006. My HST the first year was great, I actually tried high gear (not full speed, just to get a feel for it) a few times when I first bought it and was snowblowing only 3 or 4 inches on flat pavement and it worked great. Now, with no implements running and being in 2 wheel drive, all warmed up I can barely go at all in high gear. Middle gear even gave me problems tonight when I drove it to my dads house about 1 mile away. In middle gear, I was going up a small grade and tried moving my bucket up and down and I actually had to stop the tractor and let it catch back up because it bogged right down and almost quit. In both higher ranges, it works perfectly at first, takes right off. High gear bogs after about 10 seconds, maybe just a little longer if going slightly downhill and middle gear only when going uphill or for a distance. This started last winter, but seems to have become worse this winter. I don't notice it as much in the summer in middle gear because I only mow and pull logs, but have pretty much gave up on high gear for anything. I guess if anyone has suggestions or knows what the warranty period is, that would be most helpful. Oh, maybe not related, but the only other problem I have is the loader valve. It sticks in the float position, sometimes I have to take pliers to it to pull the plunger back out.

Your dealer can put gauges on the test ports of the hydro. It will define any HST problem. If you have not changed the HST filter, you might try that just in case it is restricted for some reason. I guess a brake that is stuck on would cause this sort of thing also. Just ideas, should be easy for the dealer to diagnose.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues
I'll give him a call, but I need it this weekend, there's a blizzard coming tomorrow. The HST filter was changed at 50 hours and didn't make anything change for the better.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #4  
I do not know Mahindras, but HST tractors also have a suction filter
inside the hyd reservoir that is not visible and is not a spin-on
replaceable filter. The ones I have seen are a steel mesh. If that is
a bit clogged, you will get problems at higher flow rates.

Is your fluid cloudy? Have you done your first break-in service and
replaced the hyd fluid?

Actually, I replaced the filter and not the hyro fluid. I might try that before I bring it anywhere. I was going to mention this before, but I didn't want people to think I'm crazy but my dads massey compact does the same thing and I don't think he's ever replaced his fluid either. Thats why I let mine go so long, I thought maybe it was just a normal happening with hst's, but mine is now much worse than his.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #6  
The dealer will check the HST pressures, but meanwhile, does your clutch pedal have about 7/8" freeplay in it? If these is no freeplay, you could have a slipping clutch. It would be highly unlikely as the clutch is hardly ever used, but check it.

I have freeplay at the top of the clutch. I see it takes over 20 quarts of hydraulic fluid, so I'll just bring it to the dealer and let him run the tests before I buy the fluid. I'd rather be sure I guess. Hopefully he's not too busy, can't have much down time if these storms keep coming. Thanks for the advice. Also, warranty is 3 years on it, right?

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #8  
I have freeplay at the top of the clutch. I see it takes over 20 quarts of hydraulic fluid, so I'll just bring it to the dealer and let him run the tests before I buy the fluid. I'd rather be sure I guess. Hopefully he's not too busy, can't have much down time if these storms keep coming. Thanks for the advice. Also, warranty is 3 years on it, right?

3 years, so you should be fine. Keep us informed, hydro problems are rare so I am curious what might be happening.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #9  
3 years, so you should be fine. Keep us informed, hydro problems are rare so I am curious what might be happening.

The three years is by following recommended maintenance right? I don't get the impression the OP changed the fluid out at all much less the intervals required. I could be wrong about this, but that's the impression I get...

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #10  
The three years is by following recommended maintenance right? I don't get the impression the OP changed the fluid out at all much less the intervals required. I could be wrong about this, but that's the impression I get...

On the Mitsu tractors, it just requires a filter change not a fluid change at the initial service if I remember correctly.