Oil & Fuel Are Mahindras oil burners?

/ Are Mahindras oil burners? #1  

Kirby Nance

Tractor
1952 8N and 2008 Mahindra 4025
I was reading jasperab's problems on another thread and many replies asked if he had checked his fluids prior to the 186 hr failure point.
I just bought a new 4025 so I thought the better part of wisdom might be to ask if there is something in these remarks. Do these things burn oil normally? I don't mind doing a preflight on my tractor(always have), should I be looking to add oil regularly?

Kirby Nance

/ Are Mahindras oil burners? #2  
I was reading jasperab's problems on another thread and many replies asked if he had checked his fluids prior to the 186 hr failure point.
I just bought a new 4025 so I thought the better part of wisdom might be to ask if there is something in these remarks. Do these things burn oil normally? I don't mind doing a preflight on my tractor(always have), should I be looking to add oil regularly?

Kirby Nance

Mine didn't use oil - 328 rough hours.

/ Are Mahindras oil burners? #3  
My 3215 with 111 hours has not burned any oil.

/ Are Mahindras oil burners? #4  
2615...no oil issues. Don't you think that 1 in xyz GMC, Ford, Yamaha, etc. or any other manufacturer may have a defect here and there? Probably so. I'm sure the the other forums have stories about the 'other' tractors. Just my .02.

/ Are Mahindras oil burners? #5  

Kirby Nance

I've been a Mahindra dealer for 7 years and have not had one complaint about oil usage.

/ Are Mahindras oil burners? #6  
Just follow your run in procedure and you will have no problems with oil usage. If you don't put the engine under "pressure" though your rings will not seat properly. In other words work it! 300 hrs/no oil usage.....BobG in VA

/ Are Mahindras oil burners?
Thanks for the replies, folks.
Those are comforting answers.

Kirby

/ Are Mahindras oil burners? #10  
Model 3510 w/around 550 hours - No oil use.

Rusty