Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015
I supose I could have ground the welds off the rim & re-welded the center disk 1" further in. That would have been quite a pain to do though.:(

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #22  
I supose I could have ground the welds off the rim & re-welded the center disk 1" further in. That would have been quite a pain to do though.:(

We did this. A shop in town has a big lathe and he turned the weld off with the lathe and then we re-positioned the center and welded it back in. It was more work then we expected, but it was otherwise a fine solution.

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #23  
I look at my spacers as additional wheel weights. I figure they weigh at least 20lbs each.

;)

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #24  
I look at my spacers as additional wheel weights. I figure they weigh at least 20lbs each.

;)

My rear tires also only have a 1/2" gap like Bill's. I've been thinking of making a set of spacers for mine.
Where did you get your spacers made?
What size studs did you use after installing the spacers?
Any pics?

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #25  
If you make spacers, make sure you use grade 8 or the metric rating equivalent. I have a customer who made spacers and used grade 5 studs. He lost a wheel on a hill and almost tipped the tractor over. All of the studs broke.

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #26  
Curious question for the dealers that hasn't come up. How expensive are the new style rims for the back of this tractor? Considering cost of the spacers people are dealing with it may be an alternative.

My chains came in yesterday. They are beefy chains like Bill's. I will attempt to install this weekend and see how they fit.

No snow in the forcast for at least a week or so (as far out as they go). The major 'dump' is probably over and I won't even need the chains...ha

Last edited:
   / Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #27  
Now that you have them, you are probably right in the fact that the snow will probably bypass you for a while. If they had been backordered, record amounts would have fallen on your street!
I would imagine rims to be a little more than spacers, plus the dismount and remount expenses. Plus think of the wheel weights you will also have to purchase to make up the difference in the spacers...
David from jax

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #28  
My rear chains when on just fine with plenty of clearence. Screwed in ice studs on each lug as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    642.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    589 KB · Views: 592
   / Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #29  
You definetly have more space than I do for chains. I can't even get my smallest finger between the tire and frame. If I opt for rear chains I'll have to space out the wheels but in 4 years I haven't needed them yet.

Attachments

• tractor 005 [640x480].JPG
    tractor 005 [640x480].JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 445
   / Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015
You definetly have more space than I do for chains. I can't even get my smallest finger between the tire and frame. If I opt for rear chains I'll have to space out the wheels but in 4 years I haven't needed them yet.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it George. I haven't needed any all winter so far. THe only reason I'm getting the spacers & everything is because I already have the tire chains so I figured what the heck. I have a 1000' long steep driveway & haven't really needed any chains yet though:rolleyes: