Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #1  

Wyld Bill

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra
I wanted to start a thread on this to help people doing searches in the future.
I posted on here last year about this. I have a 2007 Mahindra 2615 HST tractor. I bought a brand new set of 2 link tire chains for it last winter. I went to put them on & there wasn't enough room between the tire sidewall & the inner fender brace/ROPS substructer. So I found someone on here that had someone make up 2" spacers for his Cub Cadet (same tractor). I wasted a bunch of time trying to have spacers made up at a local machine shop then found out that Woods makes a wheel spacer kit for this tractor (and the 2815, 3015) for less than $200. They are 1" spacers orionally designed for putting a Woods backhoe on these tractors but work good for fitting on tire chains too. I just ordered mine through Neutron Equipment in Lyman Maine. WHen they get here I'll put them on & post pictures.;)

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #2  
I am faced with the same issue. Please let us know how they work and the part number and contact information of the dealer your getting them through. May I ask where you ordered the chains from? I ordered some and they come in next week. You can contact me offline if you like.

Regards,

Marty

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015
I am faced with the same issue. Please let us know how they work and the part number and contact information of the dealer your getting them through. May I ask where you ordered the chains from? I ordered some and they come in next week. You can contact me offline if you like.

Regards,

Marty

I bought the chains second hand. Good story on that.
God answers prayers LOL!! Seriously prayed about it,...next day ad in local swap & sell guide. Tractor chains 2 link even to fit my tractor brand new never used for $100.:eek: THey would have been long gone but someone was on my side...the number to call on the ad was wrong & I called the swap & sell guide & found the correct number.:D Called the guy "Yeah I have had a couple calls but I still have them" :rolleyes: Met the guy in a gas station parking lot on my way home,..thank you very much "t"

If all goes well with the wheel spacers I'll gladly post up the vendor & the part number.;)

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #4  
For two hundred dollars, maybe I need to get the bolt pattern and start selling them!! How thick would be best? Are the spacers threaded?
David from jax

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #5  
For two hundred dollars, maybe I need to get the bolt pattern and start selling them!! How thick would be best? Are the spacers threaded?
David from jax

I saw another site where the 2" JD(I think) wheel spacer fit between the hub/existing rim/tire and longer grade 8 metric lugs (or whatever grade 8 is in metric) were added. The spacers were $60.00 per spacer and the bolts were $3.00 a piece. $120.00 for the machined spacers and $72.00 (24) for the lug bolts. That's $192.00.

So, under $200.00 is probably pretty close. I haven't had a chance to try my ordered chains, so we will see. It's 2 link - 3/8" crossover chain (non v-bar). I didn't look at the tire to ROPS support clearence. I would find it hard to believe that there isn't at least 1" of clearence. I will do some measurements this weekend when I go to the property and see what kind of clearences I have. Maybe they will fit, how knows. If anyone has a 2615 handy to measure, chime right in since mine is not handy.

http://www.tirechain.com/LADDER-detail.htm

Regards

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015
I saw another site where the 2" JD(I think) wheel spacer fit between the hub/existing rim/tire and longer grade 8 metric lugs (or whatever grade 8 is in metric) were added. The spacers were $60.00 per spacer and the bolts were $3.00 a piece. $120.00 for the machined spacers and $72.00 (24) for the lug bolts. That's $192.00.

So, under $200.00 is probably pretty close. I haven't had a chance to try my ordered chains, so we will see. It's 2 link - 3/8" crossover chain (non v-bar). I didn't look at the tire to ROPS support clearence. I would find it hard to believe that there isn't at least 1" of clearence. I will do some measurements this weekend when I go to the property and see what kind of clearences I have. Maybe they will fit, how knows. If anyone has a 2615 handy to measure, chime right in since mine is not handy.

ladder tire chains for farm tractors

Regards

Well I have 2006 2615 HST with 2 link non V bar chains. Here's what they look like on with no spacers.
n1654814184_88190_5730.jpg

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #7  
Well I hav 2006 2615 HST with 2 link non V bar chains. Here's what they look like on with no spacers.

I'm not questioning you Wyld, I just need to fit them to see what I have, that's all. I'm sure it's going to be the same issue based upon what I have read. From what I have read in other forums, it's not just the Mahindra's. Whom would engineer a tractor that won't accept rear chains? I think it snows in Japan...lol...maybe not India. I think it should be disclosed that "this tractor will not accept rear tires chains" upon purchase IMHO. Chains are pricey enough without having to make them work.

P.S. I just looked at pictures I had taken from the rear in the past. Exactly the same as yours. So, if my ordered chains are a beefy, I'm in the same boat.

Regards

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #8  
I will scew the lugs this weekend with "Ice Studs" for the time being. I have a 1000 of them. Should be able to get some traction.

In the picture you posted. Those cross chain end hooks should be facing up away from the tire verses into the tire to prevent damage to the tire from them. I may be wrong. But I face them up per my ATV chain instructions. Not that it makes any difference in clearence.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    376 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    480.5 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
   / Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #9  
It's too bad you had so much trouble getting the spacers made. I know I gave you the "plans" I had in the past.

I've had the ones that I had made on for over a year now without a problem.

I only paid $80 for mine to be made but I bet it would cost $120 to ship them anywhere.

I just got some screw in studs www.aerostitch.com. I'll be screwing them in for those snow storms where I'm too lazy to chain up the rears.

/ Wheel spacers for Mahindra 2615, 2815, 3015 #10  
I just got some screw in studs www.aerostitch.com. I'll be screwing them in for those snow storms where I'm too lazy to chain up the rears.

Me - I'm new to the chains. First winter with tractor and heck of a lot of snow in Idaho. Wyld has been kind enough to help out. It was suggested to me that I just use regular hex hardened scews (not here) on the back which was a good suggestion. I looked at Aerostitch, but, for what it's worth, we should be using chains. A tractor 'should' accept chains. I ordered some chains for the front and then read about what that could cause. Then ordered some screws that I can put in and take out in spring (made for ice). Now, with an epoxied garage floor I'll have to protect it from the ice studs or even Aerostitch, or even hex head screws. Once chains go on my tractor for a winter they are on and not coming off until spring. Everyone runs chains, even on skidsteers, etc, here. They run up and down the paved (snow covered) county road and no issues. Mine won't see blacktop, just my garage and approach concrete. I have close to 4 feet of snow on the gound and I've been getting by, but, it takes a lot of time to make sure I don't get stuck (again). Thank god for a FEL to help me push my way out of a mess.