2615hst "bogs down" without load

/ 2615hst "bogs down" without load #1  

badhorse

It's a 4 yr old with just over 100 hours and has been having this problem off and on for the past 30 hrs or so. It happens in summer and winter. It acts as if it's under load even when it shouldn't be and will stall unless I stop completely. Then the rpm's will come back up to normal and all is well until it does it again. Any thoughts as to what might be up?

I don't think I've ever had it happen when sitting still, mostly when mowing or dragging the manure spreader. I've had the engine bog down when mowing wet or long grass of course, but that's not the case here.

/ 2615hst "bogs down" without load #2  
fuel filter partially clogged. Use a fuel treatment that can deal with small amounts of water and change the filter.
larry

/ 2615hst "bogs down" without load #3  
I second the fuel filter. I had the same thing happen to me, now I change my fuel filter once a year!

/ 2615hst "bogs down" without load #4  
As the others said it could be your fuel filter. Its best to replace it once a year.

Another thing could be your air filter. If its plugged due to dusty environments it can cause bogging.

Poor fuel quality is another problem. Buy your fuel from a place that does a high volume turnover such as a truck stop. Less chance of moisture in the fuel in these places. If this is the case you can try an additive cetane booster.

Since it happens both summer and winter it could be any of these reasons. If after 4 years you haven't changed the filters its time to do so.

On a rare note if the wrong transmission/hydraulic fluid was used during your 50 or 200 hour service that could be a problem too. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

Lastly would be what RPM and gear you are in. If RPM is too low from being in a higher gear it can cause bogging. If running in high range at 1200 RPM try switching to mid range at say 1800-2000RPM.

/ 2615hst "bogs down" without load #5  
That's good.... keep em coming..... I like having my problems solved before they happen..... Now you know why we lurk.....:D

/ 2615hst "bogs down" without load
Thanks for the input guys. I've not replaced the fuel filter...ever...so that's a really good idea in general. The air filter's been replaced, but it could use replacing again - dry summers here in VA have really generated some dust. I obviously didn't think either of these would cause an intermittent problem like this. I'll let you know how it goes.

The hydraulic fluid...hmmm...that's an interesting point. What kind do you use? I used the stuff at tractor supply (Travelers?) at the 50 hr swap. I'm putting off the 100 hr maintenance for warmer weather.

/ 2615hst "bogs down" without load #7  
The travelers trans / hydraulic fluid will work fine.

/ 2615hst "bogs down" without load #8  
yup crud built up on fuel filter has come to a head due to cold temps. Mine did the same thing.;)