3-Point Hitch 3 point lift not working

/ 3 point lift not working #1  

wildstreak

Tractor
Mahindra 7520
I just unhooked my grading blade from my 7520 4X4 and now the lift does not work. I checked the hydraulic oil and it was just on the add mark. My question is, what's the best way to bleed the air out of the system? Or is there a chance the pump has gone out? Everything was working fine before this and I can tell of no change in any way of the tractors operation. I have 356 hours on the machine and the filters and screen were changed about 30 hours ago. HELP!

/ 3 point lift not working #2  
It is self bleeding so don't worry about that one. If you are low on hyd oil and not sitting on level ground your suction might be above the oil level.
Do you hear any pump noise? If you have a loader, are the levers nuetraled? Are there any quick disconnects not properly engaged? Does everything else work but the 3pt?

/ 3 point lift not working
Thanks for the reply. I did not notice any pump noise. It was working fine and then...nothing. I don't have a FEL but, it does have remotes. I checked the remote levers and they were in neutral. Is there some way to check the pump? Do I hook up a guage or can you simply break a line loose?

/ 3 point lift not working #4  
At an Idle bump one of the rear remote levers quickly and see if you hear any resistance. Will the 3PH arms not go up or will they not go down. You may check the filter screen in the suction line where it comes out of the transmission housing by the Rt rear wheel. I doubt it could be that clogged, but I have heard that it has happened.

The 3ph arms will not go up or down. I'll check the screen this evening and let you know. Thanks.

Galen, There is no resistance on the remote levers at idle. What next? Is it the pump? Whats the replacement cost and the best place to pick one up? Can you rebuild the pump?

/ 3 point lift not working #7  
I'm not there so I shouldn't make any for sure conclusion, but it sounds like you have no hydraulic pressure at all. A few of the early 7520's had a problem with the drive for the hydraulic pump. I have never experienced the situation myself so what it all intailed I am not sure. I would give your dealer a call.

Well, got home and thought I would go out and take another look at it and try to figure out something:confused:. Fired the tractor up and checked the pump to make sure the belt was turning the pump. Yep, all is good there. Went to the rear of the tractor to check the fluid. Yep, all is good there. I was putting the dip stick back in and the 3PH started coming up.:rolleyes:. At this point I just don't know what the deal is. It's working fine now. I worked the arms for about 5minutes. Who knows may be in a different mood tommarrow. I just may have to give my tractor a name, it would have to be after a woman because of the mood swings.:D

/ 3 point lift not working #9  
glad it cured itself. things like that can be so frustrating. Maybe you are right about naming it, mine has a problem with her arms going up and down at me and it has nothing to do with dipsticks.

Last edited: