Backhoe Backhoe for 2516 HSt

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt #1  

bshangool

Hello
I have a new 2516 and need to purchase a low priced backhoe for it.
I would appreciate any help in what type or manufatcurer.

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt #2  
For the sake of warranty on the tractor, you should purchase the OEM backhoe that is subframe mounted. Did your dealer not at least quote this as part of the deal?

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt
Thank you
No, my dealership were leaving Mahindra and I had very little choices.
In Virginia most dealerships left Mahindra for Kubota

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt #4  
I'd find the nearest Mahindra dealer and buy a 1710B backhoe for it. Nice sub-frame mount, made in Kansas for Mahindra. Woods may make a sub-frame mount backhoe for it also, and they are good. I like staying with the factory approved Mahindra backhoe if you can. I do not recommend a three-point backhoe on any small tractor, regardless of brand.

Did you get the hydro or the shuttle-shift?

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt
Thanks
I will invest in a Mahindra attachment. I have seen some cheaper 3pt but I have also heard some horror stories of cracked frame.
I just hope I could justify the $6k price for something I would only use sparingly.

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt #6  
Thanks
I will invest in a Mahindra attachment. I have seen some cheaper 3pt but I have also heard some horror stories of cracked frame.
I just hope I could justify the $6k price for something I would only use sparingly.

Bshangool,
You will find so many uses for your backhoe, you will wonder how you got by without it for so long. A thumb for your backhoe makes that $6k investment even more versatile.
hugs, Brandi

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt #7  
Bshangool,
You will find so many uses for your backhoe, you will wonder how you got by without it for so long. A thumb for your backhoe makes that $6k investment even more versatile.
hugs, Brandi

The thumb is not available for his 'hoe.... although it IS in the works....:D
I do not know if a retrofit kit will be available or not. I don't know how we are going to attach it.

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt #8  
The thumb is not available for his 'hoe.... although it IS in the works....:D
I do not know if a retrofit kit will be available or not. I don't know how we are going to attach it.

Jeremy,
I almost went with a local mfg. thumb from Rakesales.com. They would have priced it about what Bradco and Mahindra sold me theirs for. Bad thing about aftermarket, is the hyd. kit would have to be custom also.:( Hopefully KMW will get their "little" hoes fitted for thumbs.:)
hugs, Brandi

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt #9  
Jeremy,
I almost went with a local mfg. thumb from Rakesales.com. They would have priced it about what Bradco and Mahindra sold me theirs for. Bad thing about aftermarket, is the hyd. kit would have to be custom also.:( Hopefully KMW will get their "little" hoes fitted for thumbs.:)
hugs, Brandi

It's on the engineering schedule to be done. That just does not get it done SOON. lol

/ Backhoe for 2516 HSt #10  
It's on the engineering schedule to be done. That just does not get it done SOON. lol

Let's have them develop an OEM available 4-n-1 also while they are at it. I'm sure those engineering guys are looking for something to keep them busy! :D