Warranty Question

/ Warranty Question #1  

rustyjeep

Bronze Member
Tractor
IH 484,IH 424,Mahindra 7520 4wd
Hi all, Its been a while since I have posted and I am looking for advice. I just recently returned home from a tour in Iraq, when I left my 7520 it was running fine. For about the last month when I start the tractor cold it spits and spudders and blows blue and white smoke for about the first five minutes or so. When this started I thought no big deal its just a KSB relay and thought I would pick up another the next time I was that way (80 miles).Well as luck would have it they sold out to a Kubota dealer and the Mahindra line was dropped. The closest dealer is now about 200 miles away. I had a good relationship with the old one,If I had an issue they would ship me the part and I would replace it and send the old one back. This new dealer does not work that way. So my question is should I just forget about the warranty and buy one from one of the dealers on this site, or load it up and haul it to them to fix. I would like to fix it myself to avoid down time. Also is there away to bypass the KSB or am I asking for trouble. Sorry for the rambling.

/ Warranty Question #2  
Get in contact with one of the dealers on TBN. I'm sure that they will help you out. I would think that they would help you out just as your original dealer did, through the mail or UPS I would think. BTW, my 7520 has started doing the same thing this past winter, I just let the engine warm up a bit first. ;)

/ Warranty Question #3  
rustyjeep,

First of all, glad you're home safe! My hat's off to everyone that serves our country.

Being that you were gone for a while, I wouldn't be so quick to jump at the KSB being the problem. Could be condensate that has accumulated in your tank over time and just needs a good draining and refill with fresh fuel. Water will make it run like that.

Also, I just found this out this weekend, trash will do it also. I won't go into detail here but look for my post that I am about to start regarding my 4530 and dirty fuel. Very interesting find for me, but may be second hand knowledge to most on here.

As far as the KSB, the tractor will run with it unplugged. I thought I had the same thing and it was actually the first thing my dealer mechanic had me try. I unplugged it but it still spit, sputtered, and coughed blue and white smoke. Turned out to be trash in the fuel tank.

Hope this helps some.

/ Warranty Question #4  
Rustyjeep,
Glad to hear you are back stateside. I hope all is well (besides the 7520). Send Jsupport a private message if you don't get in contact with the dealers here on this forum. Jsupport is Brenda, Mahindra's online support person. She should be able to help you.
hugs, Brandi

/ Warranty Question #5  
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, For your service, If I were you I would tell them you were busy defending all our asses in Iraq while your warranty expired and think it would be only fair that they take care if it Gratis (FREE) and remind them that you make their business possible to exist by your sacrifice! If you are shy about that print out this post and hand it to them!;) Thanks again for your service

/ Warranty Question #6  
What came of this? We have had our problems with Mahindra's warranty as well.