New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless!

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #1  

Roboto

Guys and Gals,

I'm a new poster here with a question. Hopefully you guys have a little experience with the Mahindra 6530 and the 511 BH, as it appears you do! Thanks in advance for the help.

I bought a 6530 4WD with a 511 BH about a month ago. Dealer installed everything. Since the BH was installed when I picked it up, the 3pt hitch arms were all in the FEL. No big deal, right?

Get it home, very happy with BH and tractor. Use it for a few weeks without issues. Then I go to disk last weekend, so remove the BH and install the 3pt linkages for the first time. Problem is, when the BH was installed, the backhoe frame runs right through where the stailizers normally mount, and the mount points for the 3pt stabilizer bars were removed to make room for the BH.

This, of course, allows the disk to swing side to side dangerously, and also allows for the implement to actually get under the BH frame, and you go to lift it and it would cause all kinds of damage. Not to mention that the 3 pt can actually hit the hydralic hoses too. Overall, not good!

Dealer says, that's just the way it is. "You don't need to stabilizers, the disk will track fine without them."

Call Mahindra. They refer me back to the dealer.

Is there anyone on the board here who uses a 511 and a 3 pt on the same tractor? I simply can't believe that you need to forget using the 3 pt if you have a 511! Clearly, there is some work around or new parts that allow for this to operate correctly!

Help please!

Rog

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #2  
Roboto, I don't own a 6530, but was intrigued by your problem. I went to the Mahindra website, and noticed the following: Custom designed 4-point mounting system that protects the tractor and still allows fast, easy installation and removal of backhoe without removing 3-point hitch arms.

Additionally, your tractor is supposed to be equipped with Category 1 & 2 telescopic check chains for lower links. It sound like someone forgot to put them in the loader bucket along with the lift arms.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #3  
I have the 6500 and the 511 backhoe. I have to remove the arms to mount the hoe, but once they are reattached when not using hoe they don't interfere and I can attach the sway links. It is a snug fit but they work. Only time I have trouble is when attaching Cat 2 accessories that might be wide. The 4 point link can be a bit restrictive. Also it makes adjusting the turnbuckles while an implement is attached difficult, but if I set the 3 point at a certain height it is doable.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #4  
Rog,
I have a 6520 and a 511. My subframe has a curved aft side and the telescopic links clear it just barely. Try swapping the links around. It is easy to get them in the wrong position. Maybe the dealer got the telescopic link forward mounts swapped. Mahindra (and Bradco) should make this right for you if, indeed, there is interference. Your dealer is full if it:eek: if he says you don't need the telescopic links.
hugs, Brandi

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #5  
Rog,
Did you get a thumb with the 511? What size buckets did you get? Also, we need photos of your new toy!;)
hugs, Brandi

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #6  
Push the issue further, as I know you are missing some pieces that modify that linkage to make it work with the backhoe frame. I can check into it for you a little further on Monday. It wouldn't hurt if you were to email me at glawall@yahoo.com to remind me. Or even better give me a call.

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #7  
Am I to understand that the dealer didn't even give you the telescoping stabilizers??? Duh....I mounted my own 511 to the back of my 6000 (don't know how much different the ***** end is from the 30 to the 00 series). I have to take off the 3 point arms, and I just take loose the stabilizers on the 3 point arms and let them dangle from the axle connectors. No problems....BobG in VA

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless! #8  
PS: Don't even try to run a decent sized brush hog behind that thing without stabilizers.....you'll have 1200 to 1500 lbs banging side to side constantly....BobG in VA

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless!
Hey everyone,

First thanks for all the replys. I knew there was a solution! By the way, yes they did give me the telesoping links, just removed the mount points under the rear axle so there is no way to use them!

Believe me, there is no way I am using any 3 pt brush hog or anything the way it is.

After trying my dealer again, and multiple contacts to Mahindra, I finally got ahold of Brenda at 800-877-2286 who initially told me the same thing as my dealer - as in sorry, you are outta luck. She then put me on hold again for several minutes while she spoke to an engineer. Came back - no answer except you need to remove the backhoe to use the 3 point.

I don't know exactly where this is headed, but one thing is for sure. I did not buy a tractor so I can pull my disk and other implements around by horse. I really hope Mahindra resolves this fast as I have fields to prepare!

Thanks again for your input!

Rog

/ New 6530 with 511BH makes 3 pt useless!
By the way, I spoke to Galen too from the above post, and he thinks not all the parts were installed as he had a similar problem on a different tractor with that 511. He's looking for a parts diagram and is hoping to be able to find a picture I can share with my dealer!

Thanks again Galen!

Rog