2615 hydraulic line issue

/ 2615 hydraulic line issue #1  

Nickthegrip

I have a 2615, with a 3710 backhoe setup. I only have about 40 hours on it, but have now burst two hydraulic lines after using the backhoe for about a two hour stint. I've been working on a big stump in my yard, and noticed the line coming from the "P" attachment to the backhoe burst up towards the quick disconnect at the midpoint of the machine.

I got that fixed, and went back at it today. After around 1.5 hours, the same thing happened on the other side of the coupling - the hose itself burst. This hose goes from that coupling up into the loader operation assembly.

Anyone else experiencing this? Am I just working the thing too hard? I called my dealer, he said lines aren't covered under warranty. I'm not all upset about that, I just want the problem to go away...

Any thoughts?

/ 2615 hydraulic line issue #2  
I have a 2615, with a 3710 backhoe setup. I only have about 40 hours on it, but have now burst two hydraulic lines after using the backhoe for about a two hour stint. I've been working on a big stump in my yard, and noticed the line coming from the "P" attachment to the backhoe burst up towards the quick disconnect at the midpoint of the machine.

I got that fixed, and went back at it today. After around 1.5 hours, the same thing happened on the other side of the coupling - the hose itself burst. This hose goes from that coupling up into the loader operation assembly.

Anyone else experiencing this? Am I just working the thing too hard? I called my dealer, he said lines aren't covered under warranty. I'm not all upset about that, I just want the problem to go away...

Any thoughts?

I'm not familiar with your specific model but there should be a relief valve that keeps the system pressure from exceeding a preset value. I could be that your relief valve is not set correctly or is malfunctioning. Ask your dealer, or, if you have a system description for your hydraulics, see where it's located and what the pressure setting is. Then get a high pressure liquid damped gauge and check it out. It should be covered by warranty if it's defective or improperly set and so should the hoses in that case.

That's my opinion.

Last edited:
   / 2615 hydraulic line issue #3  
Nick,
That is a Bradco backhoe. When I bought my Mahindra my dealer kept saying He couldnt get the Manuel for the Backhoe. I called Bradco and they were very helpful. They e-mailed a Manuel to me. I suggest You give them a call. They are super nice people.
Poppy

Actually a KMW backhoe on the 15/16 series.

Without seeing the hoses, it is hard to tell why they failed. They could have gotten pinched when mounting the backhoe, we've seen that before. Or they may have been crimped wrong, but that is usually obvious. A good hose should not burst as it is protected by a pressure relief, and the failure is not because of working it too hard.

/ 2615 hydraulic line issue
So where can I find this relief valve, and how do I check the settings?

And thank you all for your ideas, I appreciate it.

/ 2615 hydraulic line issue #5  
So where can I find this relief valve, and how do I check the settings?

And thank you all for your ideas, I appreciate it.

I can't help you there 'cuz I don't know what your system looks like. Have you got a shop manual or an owners manual or is there an on line parts manual you can get access to? You'll not only need to locate the relief valve you'll have to know what the correct setting is and how to adjust it. It will be near the pump is about all I can tell you.

/ 2615 hydraulic line issue #6  
I can't help you there 'cuz I don't know what your system looks like. Have you got a shop manual or an owners manual or is there an on line parts manual you can get access to? You'll not only need to locate the relief valve you'll have to know what the correct setting is and how to adjust it. It will be near the pump is about all I can tell you.

Also sometimes there is more than one relief valve. I think there is one on the loader controls and one under the seat in my 6500. They had to increase the PSI on my 6500 so the 3 point would lift correctly for me. Service manual or dealer should address this.

/ 2615 hydraulic line issue #7  

Any thoughts?

I replaced a hydraulic line under warranty. I assume it depends upon the the reason it busted. Mine had a definite "cut" on it. Also the cut was in a place that was protected, so was very unlikely I caused it.

I replaced it myself and sent the hose and pictures of location to dealer, who forwared it to Mahindra. I was reimbursed. It was a long hose, so worth the trouble.