Finally!

/ Finally! #1  

MtnViewRanch

Elite Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,
Well, after 3 months of doing next to nothing with the new 3215HST at my Moms and over at my Brothers place, I finally got to put it to work, out at MtnViewRanch.
yahoo.gif
It looks like it will be quite the little work horse. I have made a few changes since purchasing, added liquid to all 4 tires, put on a hydraulic tilt link, mounted a double valve control. Been waiting for some plumbing parts so that the valve can be all plumbed up, then those will be for the "TnT" and the factory remote will be used for attachment hydraulics.
biggrin.gif

Put about 14hrs on it the last 2 days. Graded, and moved some dirt with the Gannon roll-over box blade. I liked that it will cut & pull a full 66" wide box blade up hill. Used my 60" road grader, mainly just to see if it would pull it, seems like it will be good, but it will be nicer once I get my hydraulic top link installed. Rototilled weeds that have about taken over where I have some trees planted.
redface1.gif
Moved about 40 cubic yards of soil with the loader to even out an area that, well that I wanted evened out. I should have used the 7520 for that, but wanted to see how the new machine would do, it was good, just took 3 times longer.
redface1.gif
Put some water lines in and so I used my JD middle buster for the main feed line, mine is a little bigger than the ones you usually see at the stores. It is 36" wide at the top, and will put a ditch in 19" below ground level, 10" wide at the bottom.
cool.gif

Anyway, here are a few pics to go along with this. Oh, I am very happy with the 3215HST, it performs well and is very nimble, at least to me.
yahoo.gif

Attachments

• P4190009.JPG
    P4190009.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 282
  • P4190011.JPG
    P4190011.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 236
  • P4190015.JPG
    P4190015.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 320
  • P4190016.JPG
    P4190016.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 248
  • P4190020.JPG
    P4190020.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 368
  • P4190022.JPG
    P4190022.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 287
  • P4200025.JPG
    P4200025.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 290
  • P4200026.JPG
    P4200026.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 263
   / Finally! #2  
Looks like a nice setup you have there! Great scenery too! How hard is the soil that you cut with the middle buster? Looks like an interesting impliment to me, but I have alot of rock and clay around here. What soil types are those intended for?

/ Finally!
Looks like a nice setup you have there! Great scenery too! How hard is the soil that you cut with the middle buster? Looks like an interesting impliment to me, but I have alot of rock and clay around here. What soil types are those intended for?

Thanks. As far as how hard our soil is, the soil in the pic is pretty soft, it is either top soil or sandy DG. Digs very easy. As far as rocks are concerned, I'm not real sure, I would guess that it would depend on how many and how big. Clay should be ok, just would depend on moisture content at the time.

/ Finally! #4  
Thanks. As far as how hard our soil is, the soil in the pic is pretty soft, it is either top soil or sandy DG. Digs very easy. As far as rocks are concerned, I'm not real sure, I would guess that it would depend on how many and how big. Clay should be ok, just would depend on moisture content at the time.

That's one nice tractor. And that trench is impressive. Have fun.

/ Finally! #5  
I like that middle buster too! Mine has a lot smaller blade than yours. Any idea on make and if you can still get them?

/ Finally!
I like that middle buster too! Mine has a lot smaller blade than yours. Any idea on make and if you can still get them?

It is a John Deere, I believe that it has been modified from original. But I could be wrong. Whoever, if it is indeed modified did a very good job. Bought it at an antique tractor show-swap meet awhile back for $200. Sounds like a lot of $$$, but boy does it work good for what I use it for. Paid for itself the first time that I used it, 400' of trench in about 10 minutes.:eek: :D When it is behind the 7520, there is no stopping. ;)

/ Finally! #8  
Real nice set up there Brian. Seat time I bet was fun, but your 7520 is hard to beat.
Must be nice to dig a water ditch that way. I am doing some construction work, footers 42" ditch, water lines 36", and even dug a basement with my 6000 and 511 backhoe 30x20. Took two days, and wish I had the hyd kit for it. MB would not work too well around here. Probably just make a mess.
I am impressed the tractor handled your box blade. That is a heavy piece of equipment.
Real nice. Keep up the good work for us to admire.

/ Finally!
Slippy, the Gannon on the 3215 is only 66" wide and 18" tall. It is not the big one that I use on the 7520, if that was what you were thinking. Although even that 66 inch-er is fairly heavy. One of these days I need to go around and weigh all of our stuff, just to know for myself what everything weighs. The implement that surprised me was the road grader blade, I was not sure that it would pull it very well, but seemed to that day.

Hope all of your tractors have been ok for you. How's that TYM been?

/ Finally! #10  
Well, after 3 months of doing next to nothing with the new 3215HST at my Moms and over at my Brothers place, I finally got to put it to work, out at MtnViewRanch.
yahoo.gif
It looks like it will be quite the little work horse. I have made a few changes since purchasing, added liquid to all 4 tires, put on a hydraulic tilt link, mounted a double valve control. Been waiting for some plumbing parts so that the valve can be all plumbed up, then those will be for the "TnT" and the factory remote will be used for attachment hydraulics.
biggrin.gif

Put about 14hrs on it the last 2 days. Graded, and moved some dirt with the Gannon roll-over box blade. I liked that it will cut & pull a full 66" wide box blade up hill. Used my 60" road grader, mainly just to see if it would pull it, seems like it will be good, but it will be nicer once I get my hydraulic top link installed. Rototilled weeds that have about taken over where I have some trees planted.
redface1.gif
Moved about 40 cubic yards of soil with the loader to even out an area that, well that I wanted evened out. I should have used the 7520 for that, but wanted to see how the new machine would do, it was good, just took 3 times longer.
redface1.gif
Put some water lines in and so I used my JD middle buster for the main feed line, mine is a little bigger than the ones you usually see at the stores. It is 36" wide at the top, and will put a ditch in 19" below ground level, 10" wide at the bottom.
cool.gif

Anyway, here are a few pics to go along with this. Oh, I am very happy with the 3215HST, it performs well and is very nimble, at least to me.
yahoo.gif

Brian,
What's that wooden handle looking thingy in the next to last photo?
hugs, Brandi