7010 No Brakes

/ 7010 No Brakes #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Here we go again. Just shy of 350 hours the 7010 now has no brakes! Any ideas?
Just went from brakes would stand you on your nose to nothing. I can move the brake pedal to the floor with ease from outside the cab with my hand. All the linkage is hooked up to the back dif so it seems it's got to be internal. I find it strange both went at once though.
Can any of you dealers elaborate on the braking system? The manual is kinda gray on details.

/ 7010 No Brakes #2  
As a dealer, we have never sold a 7010 cab, I have to say i find it strange to have lost both brakes at the same time, unless they where driven with the brakes on, or something in the pedal asy. or pedal mount is moving/broken/loose as there are seperate linkages to both sides. We have sold many 4510 cabs and had no brake problems or on any "10" series.
Here is a link to our parts catalogs( blow up of the brakes): look under cab series, there are blow ups of the brakes and pedals and linkages. Hope it helps.New England Tractor | Mahindra OEM Parts

/ 7010 No Brakes
Dropped it off at the dealer today. He too says never had brake problems and was convinced it was the adjustment. After several tries on the adjustment front it was no better so I left it. The brakes have never been adjusted as it only has a shade over 300 hours on it. It was not driven with the brake on. Trust me the thing doesn't have that kind of power. We were pulling about 8 tons of lime in the buggy in high 4th. Don't see it pulling that with the brake on.
I've gone over every thing in my head and wondered could it have jerked the lining off the pads? What exactly is a hydraulically assisted brake?
It's like the pedal isn't hooked to something, but everything is right going into the dif.