4110 radiators

/ 4110 radiators #1  

rickard45

Tractor
my 4110 rad is pluged, i mean pluged in front of the fan! what the best way to clean. doing a full service so i removed it, cleaned with water and air , still not as clean as new,i serviced a jd 955 the other day, with a dirt radiator, and i think i know why mahindra rad plug so easy. the spaceing of the fins are to close compared the the jd. on the jd pulled the screens washed , with water hose, was clean in 30 min. i guess the seeds pass thru easy.

/ 4110 radiators #2  
With the screens out first I blow it out from the engine side with compressed air first, that gets rid of the bulk of the loose particles and the not so loose particles. I've got one of those two foot wands to blow it out with. Then I take the water hose with a sprayer set to push a hard stream of water and push it out, again from the rear. I then start the tractor, everything else has been done with the engine cold, and shoot the water to it from the front. This takes care of 98-99% of the particles between the fins.

/ 4110 radiators
With the screens out first I blow it out from the engine side with compressed air first, that gets rid of the bulk of the loose particles and the not so loose particles. I've got one of those two foot wands to blow it out with. Then I take the water hose with a sprayer set to push a hard stream of water and push it out, again from the rear. I then start the tractor, everything else has been done with the engine cold, and shoot the water to it from the front. This takes care of 98-99% of the particles between the fins.

keith the rad is out of tractor. and when i say pluged i mean pluged. used water hose and air compressor. the blockage is real deep

/ 4110 radiators #4  
keith the rad is out of tractor. and when i say pluged i mean pluged. used water hose and air compressor. the blockage is real deep

Sounds like it time to submerse it in a tank of water and let it soak over night. Oven cleaner might do the trick also, using the easy off type that doesn't require it to heat up. Spray it on, let it do its stuff, then spray it off, then repeat.

If the radiator is that full I'd venture a guess that the outer air filter element is really full, and and inner air filter element has more than its fair share of gunk as well.

/ 4110 radiators #5  
I use a pressure washer, but not one of those newer high pressure ones, and I use a fan spray not a point. Start spraying it from a distance and then work your way closer and keep a close eye on it making sure you are not bending the fins. I do it and it works well if you are careful.

/ 4110 radiators #6  
I use a pressure washer, but not one of those newer high pressure ones, and I use a fan spray not a point. Start spraying it from a distance and then work your way closer and keep a close eye on it making sure you are not bending the fins. I do it and it works well if you are careful.

Some of those high pressure jobs set to focus the spray on a small point would probably not just bend fins, but start ripping them away from the radiator reservoir.

/ 4110 radiators
well guy, still cleaning rad useing paper clip slow, but it works.pick then wash. with know damage to rad i will fix this problem, with foam tape and window screen. hope it wont plug while mowing i do wash rad two or three time a year on tractor. this has been problem from110 hours and this is ONLY PROBLEM!!! now 530 hours. new rad on line 800.00 plus go figure.

/ 4110 radiators #8  
If it has a brass core you can wet the fins down then spray oven cleaner on the fins then wait about 5 minutes to hose off. If it is still not clean as new do it again. It it is aluminum DON'T use the oven cleaner. I have cleaned them like this for years with no problems. You won't believe how much will come out. Again, don't use it on an aluminum radiator.

/ 4110 radiators #9  
well guy, still cleaning rad useing paper clip slow, but it works.pick then wash. with know damage to rad i will fix this problem, with foam tape and window screen. hope it wont plug while mowing i do wash rad two or three time a year on tractor. this has been problem from110 hours and this is ONLY PROBLEM!!! now 530 hours. new rad on line 800.00 plus go figure.

I wonder what a dealer might say about cleaning rad? How about Mahindra? Does anyone have any info?

My rad plugged up. Then it leaked. The repair guy sent it back looking new. I'd bet he has something that is easier than a paper clip. I'm gonna stop by and ask when down that way.

I like the screen idea. Also, I wonder if a furnace filter would work? I'm thinking using only during mowing when the chaff and grass is plugging rad. Naturally, keeping an eye on temp gauge.

Cheers...Coffeeman

/ 4110 radiators #10  
I wonder what a dealer might say about cleaning rad? How about Mahindra? Does anyone have any info?

My rad plugged up. Then it leaked. The repair guy sent it back looking new. I'd bet he has something that is easier than a paper clip. I'm gonna stop by and ask when down that way.

I like the screen idea. Also, I wonder if a furnace filter would work? I'm thinking using only during mowing when the chaff and grass is plugging rad. Naturally, keeping an eye on temp gauge.

Cheers...Coffeeman

Yea, I think I might try a filter of some sort this summer on mine too, see if it works. This time of year I have no problem - the grass is always moist and don't have much seed & dust flying around, I can do my whole 6 acres without blowing the rad. out. In summer I usually have to stop twice or 3 times and hit it from the engine side with the blowgun, have to watch the gauge. About every 4 or 5 cuttings I take the battery out and go at it with the pressure washer, carefully. My washer is set on 2100 psi but it is a 5 gpm and will knock the snot out of anything it touches - of course I use a wide fan nozzle and keep back from the rad. to avoid damage. Also, if you use one of the good 'ol non-safety blowguns with the 12" metal nozzle like I do, take a short piece of 1/8" vacuum hose and stick on the end so you don't stab your rad. fins and bend them. I just can't imagine sitting there with a paper clip .....