Oil & Fuel Diesel additive or not?

/ Diesel additive or not? #1  

Jeffery8mm

I have a 3510 4x4 hst and want to know if any of you guys add anything to your diesel?? I have been told with the low sulfer fuel, that it would not be a bad idea to add something. The "something" that has been suggested is everthing from a brand name diesel additive to sea foam to good ole dexron trans fluid!!!! What are yalls thought and suggestions?? I usually run through the fuel in the tank pretty often in the summer and not so often from Nov to Feb.
Jeff

/ Diesel additive or not? #2  
   / Diesel additive or not? #3  
I add Opti-Lube XPD. It is probably not necessary. But, it really does not cost that much to add some to each tank of fuel. I figure it is cheap insurance.

Be careful what you add, ULSD is completely different. This study showed some of the old standby's actually made the lubricity issues worse. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177728

Many products have been reformulated since then, to work in ULSD. Check the label.

/ Diesel additive or not? #4  
Power Service, white bottle, winter dose - year round

/ Diesel additive or not? #5  
I only use the Power Service in the winter but in summer and winter I make sure that I get all my diesel from a station that has a high turnover in fuel, in my case a BP truck stop.

/ Diesel additive or not? #6  
Outboard motor (2 cycle) oil....

/ Diesel additive or not? #7  
I've used a lot of them and FPPF is the only one that I can actually feel a difference using.

The other don't seem to do anything.

/ Diesel additive or not? #8  
The "something" that has been suggested is everthing from a brand name diesel additive to sea foam to good ole dexron
1* trans fluid.
2*I usually run through the fuel in the tank pretty often in the summer and not so often from Nov to Feb.
Jeff
1*There is no way I'd put trans fluid in my fuel. :cool:
2*How manny gallon does your tank hold?
About how manny gallon a month do you use?
3*Are you running the red fuel in your tractor.

*Power Service, white bottle, winter dose - year round
*I run a quart of Power Service , white bottle, in each 55 gallon drum of red off road fuel year round.

/ Diesel additive or not?
Went with the Power Service white bottle!!
Thanks
Jeff

/ Diesel additive or not? #10  
Outboard motor (2 cycle) oil....

Hey TYDP.. tried to reply to your PM.. but your PM is bouncing...

soundguy