New Mahindra 2816 Our Story

/ New Mahindra 2816 Our Story #1  

Eaglepb

Tractor
2009 2816 Mahindra Gear Drive w/FEL 47 Ford 2N
Well, I decide that if I did not buy a tractor now I never would buy one. It was my 50th Birthday and I have been looing at a new tractor for our property for some time. We own 10 acres of hilly WV land and needed a newer tractor to maintian the roads and do general landscaping. When I say we I mean by 26 yr old son. We have been looing at tractor choices for some time time. As most do we looked at Kubota as well as JD and NH. We also looked at the Power-Trac (seperate forum on this site) and liked it but felt our hills would be a problem. Mahindra had a dealer near us and we have been looking at their growth over the past three years. They have been selling a lot of Mahindras. We did our home work and settled on the new 2816. We needed a medium size tractor that could be used in our yard work but big enough to run our old 4' bush hog. We cut a deal and signed the papers for the 2816 4WD,Gear Drive, Ag Tires (loaded & turned out) with FEL and 5' Box blade ( great tool !) Delivered price before tax was 15800. We allready had two scraper blades 4' & 8', post hole digger, and a 4' brush hog. We also have a 80's model 6200 Kubota with 60' mid mower for yard mowing.

The final go ahead to buy the tractor was given by the boss when I explained the ability for the tractor to move rocks to her favorite landscaping project. She is building a rock lined dry creek and water fall behind our home. That sealed the deal and one of the first jobs Idid was delever a new supply of rocks for her. Sweet !

I have attached some pics of the first day play and hope to had more as time goes by. Would love to talk tractors and help others decide what they need to buy. We had a 47 Ford 2N and restored it to working condition. The ford did not have a FEL and no live PTO was a problem. She was pretty tired also. We plan to spruce her up and run her around on sundays just for fun. :)

We love the new Mahindra. We wanted a shuttle shift but one was not offered. We found that the way the gear shift is aligned on the left fender youreallyhave a quick gear change between 2nd and reverse as it is just straight down and then straight back up. Change to high low or medium range is easy also. The FEL is fast and strong for its size. So far we have plenty of power for the box blade.

Post us some questions and we will be glad to repsond on why we settled on the Mahindra and the 2816.

Thanks

Eagle in WV

/ New Mahindra 2816 Our Story #2  
You might check my pictures of the wings I added to my box blade it really helps in moving snow and dirt when using it in reverse.

Where did you post your pictures?

/ New Mahindra 2816 Our Story #3  
I have a Mahindra 2816 Gear with FEL and backhoe. I have had it since Oct. 08. Seems to be very good so far. I have about 50 hrs. on it now. No problems so far. I have dug rocks out of the ground that the FEL will barely pick up. It is actually the first tractor that I have ever owned.

/ New Mahindra 2816 Our Story
Sorry Pics did not upload the other day. Enjoy

Attachments

• Mahindra Day 2.jpg
    Mahindra Day 2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 891
  • Mahindra in the brush.jpg
    Mahindra in the brush.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 470
  • Mahindra in the mud.jpg
    Mahindra in the mud.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 860
   / New Mahindra 2816 Our Story #5  
Now your going to have to wash the tractor, you've got it muddy. You'll find that you wonder how you ever got by without one.

/ New Mahindra 2816 Our Story #7  
Do you wear ear protection, I didn't see muffs but thought may you had dome plugs?

Huh?? What was that??? (grin) BobG in VA

/ New Mahindra 2816 Our Story #8  
I'm a bit concerned about the angle of your bucket if you are back blading in the first picture. Too steep an angle will damage the curl cylinders.

/ New Mahindra 2816 Our Story #9  
EaglePB welcome to TBN and also say hello neighbor. I live about 18 miles north of Charleston. I know what you mean when you say hills.

/ New Mahindra 2816 Our Story
EaglePB welcome to TBN and also say hello neighbor. I live about 18 miles north of Charleston. I know what you mean when you say hills.
Thanks for the Hello. I really like your scripture qoute. We live near Alum Creek.
Be careful on them there Hills :)

Eagle