2815/3215 Front Axle Issue

/ 2815/3215 Front Axle Issue #1  

Sergei

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2815 HST
This may be old news to some, but I when out today to get ready to change the lube and grease the front end when I came across this little surprise which needless to say did not make me very happy, but the bright side is it could have been a lot worse. So I guess someone was looking out for me.
So I would say that everyone should check all the bolts on their front axle assembly especically the one's that hold the axle to the Kingin case, checked the other side and it was OK, good and tight.

Attachments

• img297.jpg
    img297.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 164
   / 2815/3215 Front Axle Issue #2  
Was it the right side? I noticed this on my 3215 back in '08 with about 60hrs on the machine. I posted a thread to watch out for this. Davestractor responded that the right side is the side that is assembled here in the states. I was able to see light through mine before I caught it and then tightened her back up. Hasn't seperated since.

/ 2815/3215 Front Axle Issue
It was the right side just the same as yours. What get's me is I even responded to your posting and then when out and checked my assembly. Just forgot about your posting so at around 100 hours they must have started backing out for the first time. So it looks like I need to add this to the manual to check at every engine oil change along with the other bolts they mention.

Last edited:
   / 2815/3215 Front Axle Issue #4  
It was the right side just the same as yours. What get's me is I even responded to your posting and then when out and checked my assembly. Just forgot about your posting so at around 100 hours they must have started backing out for the first time. So it looks like I need to add this to the manual to check at every engine oil change along with the other bolts they mention.

Might not hurt to smear a bit of loctite on the patient.

John