Oil & Fuel Mahindra 450 No Oil Pressure

/ Mahindra 450 No Oil Pressure #1  

onestick

The tractor changed sound and noticed the oil pressure guage showed no oil pressure. There was the proper amount of oil on the Dip stick, drained the oil pan of all oil no water in the oil and noticed that the oil pan plug looked like it has been hit and chipped off a little on two sides. Want to take the oil pan off and need to know what to do next as to repairing the oil pump if that is the problem. HELP.:confused:

/ Mahindra 450 No Oil Pressure #2  
When you get the oil pan off check to see if the oil pickup has come off of the oil pump or maybe been damaged or plugged.

/ Mahindra 450 No Oil Pressure
Thanks for your advice. I did not realize there were so many bolts holding the pan on. Have the all nuts out not but will have to maybe remove the tierod arm for the front wheels and maybe the brace that is underneath the pan. Have had bad thunderstorms here today and the tractor is under a big tree. Will wait until the weather is better tomorrow, Wednesday, I hope. Again thanks for your input. :)

/ Mahindra 450 No Oil Pressure
:confused:We finally got the oil pan off and found several small pieces of metal in the bottom of the pan. The oil pump was together and we took it off of the tractor. When we looked the pieces of metal that we found in the bottom of the pan came from the teeth of the oil pump. They had broken off. Why I don't know. The oil pump would rotate as it should. Quess just replace the oil pump and see if that fixes the problem. WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST? Look forward to your response. Thanks for you help.