Should I be nervous?

/ Should I be nervous? #1  

bhostasa

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2015 HST
I drove by my dealer this weekend for the first time in a few months. I noticed the Mahindra sign is down (he sells JD also) and none of the red tractors were outside. I stopped in this morning and found out that they dropped the Mahindra line sighting a lack of support in parts. They also said that they will not be carrying any parts stock from now on.

My 2015 has about 250 hours on it. I haven't had to buy parts thus far (knock on wood) other than filters. The next closest Mahindra dealer is probably an hour away.

If I have an issue, what should be my course of action? I do all of my own maintenance and repairs but if something major happens I'm afraid that I'll be out in the cold.

Any thoughts on this? I always appreciate the insight of the TBN group...

/ Should I be nervous? #2  
I don’t see the need to worry. The odds are, you’ll never need a dealers help if you do most stuff yourself. If it ends up you do need one, and hour isn’t that bad

/ Should I be nervous? #3  
I would ask the dealership you bought from for recommendation of dealership to buy such as filters from. Then contact that dealership and get to know them and them you at least introductions. Find out if they will ship parts to you from such as phone order and so forth. If you are not comfortable with this dealership then look further. Much better to do this when no issue than when you need something and are just a stranger calling around.

Agree with MMagis on an hour away not being that major especially if they will ship or drop ship directly to you.

/ Should I be nervous? #4  
I read someplace that Deere was telling their dealers that if they carry Deere, that's all they can carry. I'll bet that's the issue, not an issue of support.

/ Should I be nervous? #5  
the dealer where i bought my tractor is an hour and a half away and they still come and pick up the tractor if there is big problems

/ Should I be nervous? #6  
The distribution center where they get uncrated and assembled in Tomball, TX closed a couple of months ago. Don't know if they moved or just consolidated elsewhere.

/ Should I be nervous?
The distribution center where they get uncrated and assembled in Tomball, TX closed a couple of months ago. Don't know if they moved or just consolidated elsewhere.

Really?? Any dealers know anything about this? That seems like pretty big news to me...

/ Should I be nervous? #8  
There are plenty of us Mahindra de4aler on this site that would be glad to help anyone out.
As far as the parts problems...I have not seen any changes...
One of the reason the Deeere dealer won't be caring parts anymore is because he is no longer a dealer and Mahindra will not sell him parts.

/ Should I be nervous? #9  
Really?? Any dealers know anything about this? That seems like pretty big news to me...
I agree. That's potentially big news if true. Nothing in the Mahindra USA news releases about that. Sounds fishy to me.

As far as a multi-brand tractor dealer dropping Mahindra in these very tough times, I am not surprised. I certainly would not panic, especially if your other dealer is only an hour away.

I don't believe the "lack of parts support" excuse for a second. I have never had a problem getting any parts practically overnight so why should a dealer's experience be any different? I think he is just prepping you to sell you a Deere tractor next time around.

Rusty

/ Should I be nervous? #10  

This is a half truth. They had previously moved their central US assembly location to Houston proper. Their main offices and tech support were still located in Tomball. They have since built the office space at the Houston location to move the support personnel from Tomball. It is simply a shift of people and getting more efficient. They outgrew the assembly plant in Tomball years ago and HAD to move to keep up with demand.