7010 Cab Series

/ 7010 Cab Series #1  

twacker

Purchased new in 2007 and had several problems ever since. Several items never worked, even after sending back to the dealer. Headlights and horn blow a fuse immediately after turning on, washer fluid pump worked for about a week, have to remove base plate and tap on the solenoid valve to engage PTO, AC unit worked for about 3 months, and the fuel gauge never worked. Due to no fuel gauge, of course I ran out of fuel and have spent 2 days attempting to bleed system. Manual is totally inaccurate how to do this and the hand pump is almost impossible to reach due to having a front end loader. Very apparent that the tractor and front end loader were designed seperately without any cooperation between engineering groups. Just to the left of the injector pump is a removable cap painted yellow. Anyone know what this is for? Dealer mechanic clueless on how to bleed system and no idea what the yellow cap accesses. Anyone out there know how to bleed system? The screws on the filters are not bleed screws as the book says but the actual bolts holding the filters on. Loosened the banjo nut on the pump as well as the injector lines directly into the engine. Got good flow, still will not start. About ready to sell and put a few bucks in my 1967 JD 4020. Not sure the Mahindra will be working 10 years from now, but I know the JD will.

/ 7010 Cab Series #2  
Do you have fuel flow at the injector nozzle fittings when you turn the tractor over.

/ 7010 Cab Series
Do you have fuel flow at the injector nozzle fittings when you turn the tractor over.

Yes. Broke the fittings loose 4 times to verify. It worked the first time as the tractor started and ran smooth for about 30 seconds. Then died and never fired again, even after re-bleeding the system 3 more times. Any idea what the tube and cap are for mounted to what appears to be the drive for the injector pump?

/ 7010 Cab Series #4  
The yellow cap is for filling the oil if I'm not bad mistaken. That manual pump is pretty inconveient but my skinny hands make it work.
While I agree the 7010 is no masterpeice I could hardly be as tough on it as you are being. Simply put you should have taken the thing to the dealer and not shut up until they returned it to you with everything working. If you couldn't get it accomplished with the dealer you should have gone corporate. These things have a year warranty bumper to bumper. Something blowing a fuse that quickly almost has to be a dead short.

/ 7010 Cab Series
The yellow cap is for filling the oil if I'm not bad mistaken. That manual pump is pretty inconveient but my skinny hands make it work.
While I agree the 7010 is no masterpeice I could hardly be as tough on it as you are being. Simply put you should have taken the thing to the dealer and not shut up until they returned it to you with everything working. If you couldn't get it accomplished with the dealer you should have gone corporate. These things have a year warranty bumper to bumper. Something blowing a fuse that quickly almost has to be a dead short.

The yellow cap leads to the drive for the injector pump. As far as taking it to the dealer, it made several trips, but sooner or later, I have work to do. The corporate guys actually rejected the problem and the dealer basically made up a story to get them to cover the last problem. A one or two year warranty on something that should last 40 years is a joke to begin with. A 2007 model that has that many problems deserves to be bashed. I have work to do and it is sitting in the field. My only alternative is to call the dealer and pay several hundred dollars to fix a tractor with less than 250 hours.

I have now discovered that the fuel did not run out as I previously believed. Although the fuel gauge is still wrong, it showed 1/2 tank when it quit, it is now full by adding 7 gallons. After breaking lose all the electrical connections and cleaning, it started and ran for about 5 minutes and died. Back to square one.

/ 7010 Cab Series #6  
A one or two year warranty on something that should last 40 years is a joke to begin with.quote]

I'm sorry that you are having troubles with your tractor, hope that they get rectified soon and for little or no money.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I seriously doubt that ANY of today's tractors are going to last 40 years without some serious repairs and I don't believe that any manufacturer has a warranty longer than 5 years at the present time. So at best you have 35 years that your on your own to make that 40 years.

Good luck with your situation.

/ 7010 Cab Series
A one or two year warranty on something that should last 40 years is a joke to begin with.quote]

I'm sorry that you are having troubles with your tractor, hope that they get rectified soon and for little or no money.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I seriously doubt that ANY of today's tractors are going to last 40 years without some serious repairs and I don't believe that any manufacturer has a warranty longer than 5 years at the present time. So at best you have 35 years that your on your own to make that 40 years.

Good luck with your situation.

Who has a 5 year? I would love to just have to work on it for 35 of the 40 years, but having to work on it for 39½ of the 40 is ridiculous. I agree about not lasting 40 years anymore. When they started building tractors like cars is when the downfall began. Anyone should know that electronics don't mix with dirt or moisture, the two things that every tractor must be in. My biggest problem seems to be with the cab. Nothing is mechanically engaged anymore. Why anyone would design an electronically engaged PTO is baffling to me.

/ 7010 Cab Series
The yellow cap leads to the drive for the injector pump. As far as taking it to the dealer, it made several trips, but sooner or later, I have work to do. The corporate guys actually rejected the problem and the dealer basically made up a story to get them to cover the last problem. A one or two year warranty on something that should last 40 years is a joke to begin with. A 2007 model that has that many problems deserves to be bashed. I have work to do and it is sitting in the field. My only alternative is to call the dealer and pay several hundred dollars to fix a tractor with less than 250 hours.

I have now discovered that the fuel did not run out as I previously believed. Although the fuel gauge is still wrong, it showed 1/2 tank when it quit, it is now full by adding 7 gallons. After breaking lose all the electrical connections and cleaning, it started and ran for about 5 minutes and died. Back to square one.

Disconnected all of the electrical connections and cleaned. It started immediately and ran great for 5 minutes. I traveled about 50 feet, after putting all of the panels back in place, and it died. Did find a loose pin in a connector, so I pulled it out and jumpered, no luck.

/ 7010 Cab Series #9  
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/124678-7010-oil-fill-location.html

I discussed the oil fill location before. Even put a pic in there to be sure.
You had legitimate problems that were not resolved under warranty. Why on earth did you not hire an attorney? I've had no warranty issues that weren't resolved. I have a good dealer which might be the difference, but I think I would have sued the pants off of somebody to get what I paid for working. Nobody just writes a $35000 tractor off that easy. I can honestly say the warranty is not a joke simply because most everything pops up in that first year.
Catch you guys later I have to put my 7010 to work!

/ 7010 Cab Series
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/124678-7010-oil-fill-location.html

I discussed the oil fill location before. Even put a pic in there to be sure.
You had legitimate problems that were not resolved under warranty. Why on earth did you not hire an attorney? I've had no warranty issues that weren't resolved. I have a good dealer which might be the difference, but I think I would have sued the pants off of somebody to get what I paid for working. Nobody just writes a $35000 tractor off that easy. I can honestly say the warranty is not a joke simply because most everything pops up in that first year.
Catch you guys later I have to put my 7010 to work!

Hire an attorney to do what, bilk me out of more money? Try suing an company in another country, especially a third world country and see what it gets you. The only person getting anything is the useless lawyer. I have no problems with my dealer, but their hands are tied by Mahindra. Like I stated earlier, they came up with some sort of story before to get Mahindra to cover the first electrical nightmare. Any yes, any warranty that doesn't even come close to Hyundai is a joke, period. Tractor - 2 years, Hyundai - 10 years. The last tractor my Father bought new was a 1969 Ford 3000. Been in the shop twice in 40 years. The first time it was over 20 years old. So, I guess expecting it to be trouble free in the first 5 years is unrealistic?

I guess that is another issue I have with Mahindra, who wrote their manuals, the local special ed class? They are pathetic. The pictures don't match the procedures and they are generic from other tractor models. Maybe that's why I don't know what the tube is for, it is not even listed in the manual. Maybe someone can send me the electrical schematics in a format that doesn't require a magnifying lense to read.