What Year Is my Tractor?

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #1  

scsims

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5525
I bought my 5525 this year but am thinking it may be last years model. How can I tell. The SN is SRCN 1185

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #2  
Call the 800 number on the back of the owner's manual, and hit "0" to talk to the operator. She'll probably be able to hook you up.

I have an older Mahindra, and when I called, they TRIED to look it up, but didn't have the data from their old systems (??). So I was out of luck-but mine's a '98 (or '99, she couldn't get any closer than that). Good luck!

BTW, think that the mfg date is on the engine block also, but dang if I could ever find it on mine!

/ What Year Is my Tractor?
Alright, I just found out from Mahindra that my dealer bought my tractor in 2007!! I though I was buying a 2009 model. I never asked because they were selling as new.

Do I have any options to go back to the dealer and have them take the tracotr back.

The loan paper work says 2009 Mahindra 5525. So the information is wrong. Maybe it can be voided??

Last edited:
   / What Year Is my Tractor? #4  
Is the loan from Mahindra, or from your bank? I'd guess if it's your bank, then the bank might have some issues with it as well. Have you looked at the bill of sale/title to be sure they didn't have the correct year on it? If so, have you called the dealer to ask why you were sold an '07 tractor?

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #5  
Alright, I just found out from Mahindra that my dealer bought my tractor in 2007!! I though I was buying a 2009 model. I never asked because they were selling as new.

Do I have any options to go back to the dealer and have them take the tracotr back.

The loan paper work says 2009 Mahindra 5525. So the information is wrong. Maybe it can be voided??

I would agree to keep the tractor - if there was an agreement to give you a huge rebate. If not, I would ask for a new tractor. Think about resale value, if that is an issue. You won't be able to resell it as a 2009 tractor, because you would be lying. Someone lied to you. Sorry to hear about this.

I talked to the dealer today, he said he would look into it and call me back. He called back a little later and said that the invoice for my tractor that Mahindra was refering to from Dec 2007 was for 48 tractors and mine was part of the order. He said he got it on the lot in 3rd quarter of 2008. But insured me it was a 2009 model. I told him if it wasn't I wouldn't be happy as I was under the impression that a new tractor on a lot in July of 2009 would be a 2009 model and if not I should have been aware of it.

With that said I came home today and looked my tractor over and noticed the information on the tractors engine. It states that it complies with 2007 model year US EPA requirements..... Does that mean it's indeed a 2007 MODEL???

DSCF0689.jpg

DSCF0688.jpg

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #7  
My question is: at any point did he or a sales representative of his tell you outright that this was a 2008 or 2009 tractor? I know it's not right, but legally, I suspect he has a little wriggle room here, unless you can cite in paperwork that he sold it as a newer model. Have you checked the paperwork (title) yet?

I don't have a title, but the loan paper work doesn't state anywhere the year. Seems odd. But This is my first tractor, cars boats and trailers all have their lableded all over everything.

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #9  
tractors are not like cars or boats they are built in a series which may be two months or 6 years long. Since they do not have titles they are no different than any other implement. As long as your tractor was not previously sold then it was "new". The only part that would be suspect is if they had an older model with different specs and represented it as the new model. When I do a trade in and I need to look up a tractors "blue book" I go by the year the customer originally purchased the tractor

Buck

/ What Year Is my Tractor? #10  
tractors are not like cars or boats they are built in a series which may be two months or 6 years long. Since they do not have titles they are no different than any other implement. As long as your tractor was not previously sold then it was "new". The only part that would be suspect is if they had an older model with different specs and represented it as the new model. When I do a trade in and I need to look up a tractors "blue book" I go by the year the customer originally purchased the tractor

Buck