2810 HST durability issues

/ 2810 HST durability issues #1  

thomass38

Just wondering if anyone out seems to be having durability issues with their 2810. I have always treated and maitained my 2810 well, yet there seems to be problems every week. I currently have less than 1000 hours on the meter. Or am just use to getting 5000 hours out of my old Kubota without problems.

/ 2810 HST durability issues #2  
I have a 3510 with 600hrs on it and the only problem I had so far was the cruise control keep coming on so that was an easy fix.
What kind of problems are you faced with?

/ 2810 HST durability issues #3  
What happened to the 5000 hour, trouble free Kubota? With that kind of satisfaction, why change brands?

The 2810 is made by TYM, and is a discontinued model. However, there are some owners on here that seem happy with their 2810.

/ 2810 HST durability issues
When I purchased this tractor I thought I was buying a Mahindra made in India, however now is seems to be Korean. After having a Daewoo auto with many problems, I would have never purchased a Korean tractor. The current problem seems to be differential spider gears have bronze thrust washers that wear out. This is a high torque area and appartently not designed to last very long. I have heard of several cases where this has happened to the same parts. So if you have a 2810 (or Korean TYM with the same design) with much more than 600 hours you better be watching for the tell tale signs of the remains of the brass washers when they show up in the sump. Expect to spend $$$ when this happens.

/ 2810 HST durability issues
What happened to the 5000 hour, trouble free Kubota? With that kind of satisfaction, why change brands?

The 2810 is made by TYM, and is a discontinued model. However, there are some owners on here that seem happy with their 2810.
The Kubota was given to my son. (B7100 1978 model) I needed a tractor with HST and power steering. (I am getting a little old). Sure wished I had used common sense and stuck with Kubota. I did not know Mahindra had farmed out this model to a Korean company.

/ 2810 HST durability issues #6  
The Kubota was given to my son. (B7100 1978 model) I needed a tractor with HST and power steering. (I am getting a little old). Sure wished I had used common sense and stuck with Kubota. I did not know Mahindra had farmed out this model to a Korean company.

We have seen the brass thrust washer problem just once before, it was on the 3510HST, which is basically the same tractor as the 2810HST, just more HP, TYM built. Seemed to be an isolated failure. Now it appears Tom has the problem. That is unfortunate, but hardly an indicator that all the TYM based Mahindras are failing. There were a bunch of these sold nationwide.

Look into a John Deere or Kubota shop and you will see a few warranty repairs being done on sub 1000 hour machines also. Occasionally things break, regardless of paint color.

I know the poster, and from all accounts, he is very careful to change fluids and filters on or most often before scheduled. This sure doesn't seem like an owner induced issue by either usage or care. So while I am defending the TYM built Mahindra as being a good tractor, please understand that I am not pointing a finger at the poster for causing this issue in any manner.

Now to figure out why something like this happens, to keep it from happening again.

/ 2810 HST durability issues #7  
Dave, does mahindra really care or is this another one of those oh well's it is on the tractor owner's back? We under stand as the dealer(stealer) there isn't much more you can do, but please quit defending them.

/ 2810 HST durability issues #8  
Dave, does mahindra really care or is this another one of those oh well's it is on the tractor owner's back? We under stand as the dealer(stealer) there isn't much more you can do, but please quit defending them.

I sort of take offense with your question, which is really a statement, on a couple of levels, but it sure doesn't surprise me. I've read all of your posts, so I understand your mission in life. Interesting that you would take a shot at me on this, as this "stealer" has a great reputation. We do what is right and fair, always. I'd be a lot more offended if someone I respected took a shot at me, but that doesn't happen.

We have fantastic support from Mahindra. Keep in mind that this is a 5 year old tractor with about 1000 hours on it. It is 2 years out of warranty. I bet if you took a 2 year out-of-warranty pickup truck into your dealership and asked for warranty coverage for a failed rear axle, it would not be covered. Correct me if I am wrong.

The poster, Thomas, is a great guy. He cares for his tractor. He's a good mechanic himself. I wish all of our customers were so skilled and fastidious about care.

Obviously at 5 years on a 3 year warranty, I can't make any promises, but I do know that Mahindra cares and is looking into the matter as we speak. I'll continue to defend Mahindra as long as they continue to give me and my customers excellent support. So far, they have never skipped a beat.

So Dingy, you have the right to your opinion, but there is no reason to rain on our parade just to try to make everyone else as miserable as you are. :D Sorry to be so frank with you, but you begged for a response.

Last edited:
   / 2810 HST durability issues #9  

Dingy, this is how I read your post.

I have a dodge diesel, that the fuel pump went out on, which took out my injector pump, now I have a $2300 bill to get my truck fixed.
I think its that rotten dodge stealer that sold me the truck 7 years ago.
Oh yea, its 2 years out of warranty, but he doesn't really care, now I just think that all dodge dealers don't care & its on my back now.
Those evil rotten dodge stealers !!:rolleyes:

Dingbat, You went way over the top on this one. Please go have another cup of coffee pal.:D

/ 2810 HST durability issues #10  
Dingy, this is how I read your post.

I have a dodge diesel, that the fuel pump went out on, which took out my injector pump, now I have a $2300 bill to get my truck fixed.
I think its that rotten dodge stealer that sold me the truck 7 years ago.
Oh yea, its 2 years out of warranty, but he doesn't really care, now I just think that all dodge dealers don't care & its on my back now.
Those evil rotten dodge stealers !!:rolleyes:

Dingbat, You went way over the top on this one. Please go have another cup of coffee pal.:D

The lift pump problem is a known issue, and fairly frequently this occurs. Much more frequently then side gear thrust washer failure on a TYM.

GM was smart when the injectors started failing on the Duramax engines, they changed the warranty on those to 200K miles for certain models. That was smart, confidence inspiring. Of course, they went bankrupt!, but that didn't cause it.