Intake Heater

/ Intake Heater #1  

Sam V

Tractor
Mahindra 3525
I have a 3525 and have a slight problem with the electrical. This is the situation: I discovered my Intake Manifold Heater wasn't working so I opened up the electric panel and found a Black wire pulled out of the plug for the IMH timer. The timer had one Blue wire on the top blade and the rest of the plug ( three blades) are empty. So I put the Black wire on one of the blades and now I hear the timer clicking on and then off after 35 seconds, just as it should. I still don't know for sure the heater is working. I get no dash light. I went to the local dealers and he couldn't find a schematic that shows the proper placement of the wires. He also did not have a 3525 in inventory since the 4025 has replaced it. Does anyone have any knowledge of the proper set up for this timer? I live 40 miles from the dealer and don't want to drag the tractor there for this problem and have the expense of them tracing the system out as it could be as simple as the placement of the Black wire.

/ Intake Heater
problem solved. I went to a dealer about thirty miles away and he was good enough to let me take a wrench to his brand new 4025. Took the panel off and luckily it had the same timer configuration as mine. A what a nice tractor that 4025 is. Almost which it was time to upgrade a bit. :rolleyes: