Backhoe Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe

/ Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe #1  

RedMahindra

Bronze Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear
I have a 2009 Manhindra 2816 with FEL and BH. The cylinder that turns the BH left and right sprung a leak in the seal on one side. The BH has been at the dealer where I purchased the tractor for three weeks now and I was told it would be a couple more weeks before they could get the parts to fix it. My question is: Has anyone else had to wait this long to get parts for their Mahindra tractor?

/ Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe #2  
Something doesn't sound right, parts are from USA for the hoes and loaders. I would have thought 2 weeks max and if you wanted to pay for shipping, faster than that. Hate to say it, but you need to become the squeaky wheel. :( I think that KMW makes the smaller hoes for Mahindra if you have a Mahindra hoe and not an after market one. :confused:

Good luck.

/ Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe
It is a Mahindra (KMW) BH. It is aggravating having to wait so long! The way the dealer talks he said that we are kind of at their mercy. But I still think that is a ridiculously long time to get a seal. They claim that it is a new part is why it is taking so long. You would think if it was new that there should be an good supply of them! I think I'll start calling them every few days!

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe #4  
I suspect you'll hear from Jeremy as soon as he sees this. My dealer kept putting me off, going to get a kit to rebuild the cylinder. Parts weren't available yet, blah, blah. As soon as the proper people in the loop were brought in I had a cylinder within just a few days. If the cylinder is under warranty it should be replaced not fixed.
KMW has taken great care of me!

/ Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe #5  
KMW makes good strong stuff. My FEL is a KMW...have not had the first minute's issues with it since new in "02. By the way, is Mahindra still using the KMWs for FELs??? BobG in VA

/ Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe #6  
OK. Thanks to a nice email link I am here with bells on! I do know the whole story on this seal kit and I can't really tell it because I am not going to point fingers. What I will say is that we ARE trying to expedite the seal kit and will try and have it shipped directly to the dealer from our Canadian supplier.

/ Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe #7  
If everything goes as planned, the dealer should have the kit on Wednesday. :)

Thanks "rback33" I really appreciate the help. I will see how long it takes the dealer to contact me. Hopefully no later than Thursday.

Got my BH back today! Everything is working good! Thanks again!

/ Hydraulic Cylinder on Backhoe #10  
Got my BH back today! Everything is working good! Thanks again!

Red Mahindra,
Did they have just your BH or the tractor also?:confused: It's always great to get Jeremy in the loop ASAP.;) Thanks again Jeremy!!!:) I had to almost pull teeth (the reps) to get just some Boom pivot shims from Bradco for my BH sent to me. I really don't think Bradco honored:mad: the labor involved installing the shims by my dealer. Either Top Flight:cool: or Mahindra:cool: paid for it all, I'm not sure.
hugs, Brandi