2615 gear, having an issue...

/ 2615 gear, having an issue... #1  

SABULA FARMER

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335SST
Well I havent been on the forum much, as I have been pretty busy. I however did have an issue with my 2615, that is currently being looked at by my dealr. I noticed that on cold days when its first started, it makes a whining noise from the hydraulic pump. Then if you drive the tractor it makes a metalic knocking noise from the left side of the tractor. If you work the fel up and down while its making the clanking sound it goes away...I assume its from the hydraulic pump?
Any how the dealer came yesturday and picked it up, it should be finished tomorrow. I hope that its that pump and nothing serious.
I have 238 hrs on it and it has been worth every penny I spent. I cant say enough good things about it. I just posted this to let you know what was wrong and what the outcome will be. I am sure its minor in nature, the machine runs like a top. I will be sure to post the outcome and let you all know what the shop found.

/ 2615 gear, having an issue... #2  
Keep us posted on the outcome. I have a 2615 gear and have been pleased with it.

/ 2615 gear, having an issue...
...Ok I got my 2615 back a couple days ago, I have been busy so I never had the chance to post the results.

The mechanic told me that he noticed that the hydraulic pump was somehow getting air into the system and double clamped the hydraulic hose directly under the left side of the machine. This has cut the whining noise almost completely. The clanking noise is now almost gone, which makes me believe that the noise is from the hydraulic fluid being cold and thick. I have noticed that when I start the machine now, I cycle the loader several times up and down to warm the fluid. I have used the tractor twice now and things seem to be much better and the noise is almost non existant. I still think that the pump possibly has issues and it should have been replaced, but if it does it again, or gets worse, I will push for a replacement pump.
All in all I knew it could not be a major issue, because when its warm there is nothing wrong...zero noise other than the 3 cylinder diesel engine doing its thing.
Hope this was informative for any 2615 users.